209 conversion kit

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the 209 conversion kit on one of my Whites years back. Like dbowling said, the blowback and being dirtier. Not to mention the retention spring falling out at times. You cannot use Blackhorn 209 with the White conversion kit so I don't see the point in using one. I ended up selling mine. I now have Bestill's breech plugs on my Whites. They are quality made and will last forever. I can change out the nipples any time I want. Number 11 or musket cap both work great with this breech plug. When your flash hole wears out. just replace the nipple.

I had the 209 conversion kit on one of my Whites years back. Like dbowling said, the blowback and being dirtier. Not to mention the retention spring falling out at times. You cannot use Blackhorn 209 with the White conversion kit so I don't see the point in using one. I ended up selling mine. I now have Bestill's breech plugs on my Whites. They are quality made and will last forever. I can change out the nipples any time I want. Number 11 or musket cap both work great with this breech plug. When your flash hole wears out. just replace the nipple.
What do I search under for Bestill’s web site? I cannot locate it anywhere? They still in business?

I have a Bestill breech plug and a platinum nipple for one of my white Super 91's. Need to get the same set up for the other Super 91.

Latest posts

Back