250 Grain LEE R.E.A.L.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
First off, Thank you for loaning me the Mold Sdporter, it’s on it’s way back to ya :lewis:

I just got the Mold in the Mail this Morning, I have wanted to try this little 250 Grain .50 Cal Lee R.E.A.L. Bullet for quite sometime, For no other reason than Because :) I will be Testing these in my 1:28 Fast Twist GM LRH Barrel, and a Stock 1:48 Twist. Me thinks 50-60 Grains of Swiss 2F might just work in my Fast Twist? If so, they will be Fun to Shoot :lewis: I have a Group of them Sized to .500 to “Bore/Land” Ride my 1:28 GM LRH

WOhmRnYm.jpg

I casted Plenty to Play Around with, ALL of them 2/10 of a Grain of eachother :lewis:
Sk9sx9Bl.jpg

These Come in a Little Heavier than the Listed 250 Grains, Cast of Certified PURE Lead i get from BACO
tXfR2Dsl.jpg

First off, Thank you for loaning me the Mold Sdporter, it’s on it’s way back to ya :lewis:

I just got the Mold in the Mail this Morning, I have wanted to try this little 250 Grain .50 Cal Lee R.E.A.L. Bullet for quite sometime, For no other reason than Because :) I will be Testing these in my 1:28 Fast Twist GM LRH Barrel, and a Stock 1:48 Twist. Me thinks 50-60 Grains of Swiss 2F might just work in my Fast Twist? If so, they will be Fun to Shoot :lewis: I have a Group of them Sized to .500 to “Bore/Land” Ride my 1:28 GM LRH

WOhmRnYm.jpg

I casted Plenty to Play Around with, ALL of them 2/10 of a Grain of eachother :lewis:
Sk9sx9Bl.jpg

These Come in a Little Heavier than the Listed 250 Grains, Cast of Certified PURE Lead i get from BACO
tXfR2Dsl.jpg
I just casted the exact bullet yesterday to try in my 1:28 TC Impact, and to try in my Lyman GPR 1:60 twist. It is a short bullet so maybe the 1:60 will like it. Mine casted at 252 and 253. I had some go 254 but settled with the 252&253. Remember, I am still a rookie caster, lol. My lead came from roto metals and it is supposedly 99.9 virgin. I forgot that Buffalo had it to and probaly cheaper. I paid $3 per pound for 20 pounds that end up costing altogether $106?

I just casted the exact bullet yesterday to try in my 1:28 TC Impact, and to try in my Lyman GPR 1:60 twist. It is a short bullet so maybe the 1:60 will like it. Mine casted at 252 and 253. I had some go 254 but settled with the 252&253. Remember, I am still a rookie caster, lol. My lead came from roto metals and it is supposedly 99.9 virgin. I forgot that Buffalo had it to and probaly cheaper. I paid $3 per pound for 20 pounds that end up costing altogether $106?

James, I tried these in my 1:28 Twist for the heck of it, As I suspected They were a NO GO there, I even tried 60 Grains of Powder, As to Slow Them Down, But stil no good, 4-6” Group? This was at 70-80 Yards. The Holes were Tore up Different as well, Probably Going Through Sideways? :) This Bullet is to Short to be Stable in a 1:28 Twist.

The main reason i wanted these is for a Stock TC Renegade 1:48 Twist, I feel confident i can get them to Shoot fine in that Twist. These might work Well in your 1:60 Twist? I will be curious of your Results? I have a 1:70 I can test them in as Well

Latest posts

Back