260 Yard .54 Cal, STOCK 1:48 Twist (Lyman Plains Bullet)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
Well Guy’s, after yesterday’s 55 Yard Lyman Plains Test Run in this Old Stock 1:48 Twist .54 Cal TC Renegade, I was Excited to get out this Morning and RING the Little Gong at 260 Yards, I was confident it would be a Cinch, and it was :lewis: But unfortunately I only Got 1 Shot at my Gong and had to Pack up. That Old Rd i am on is RARELY EVER used, And the ONLY way anyone can get Past me, is to Come Straight Through From Behind me, I am Blocking the Rd. Just past the Gong is the DEAD END of that Old Rd, When i drive out there and Set my Targets up i have to go out to the End to Turn Around, So i know FOR CERTAIN that Nobody is out there. Anyway, I get set up this Morning, I take 2 Fouling Shots that were Intentional “Throw Aways” in an Old Stump (I always do that After a DEEP Steam Cleaning Through the Breech End) My 3rd Shot was at my 300 Yard Black Bull Target to Confirm impact, Then i loaded up #4 And Took my 1st Shot at my Gong, It was a Good Solid Hit. As i was Swabbing to Shoot again, Here comes 2 Guy’s in Pickup Trucks, They were wanting to get By me so they Could Park at the End of the Old Rd and Walk the Old Logging Grade out , Antler Shed Hunting, They were more than willing to Be Patient and Wait for me, But you Guys Know Muzzleloading, They would have Been there Awhile! I chose to load up and Get out of their Way. I should have gotten out there a little Earlier, Oh well, Next Time

These .54s Hit with Authority :), These Old BONE STOCK 1:48 Twist TC Sidelock Rifles are EXTREMELY Capable Guy’s :lewis:

Last edited:
no that is true, I think that maybe people think they have to always have lots of speed

Latest posts

Back