2WD vs 4WD

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to add. The hood on the 2020 is way too high. It blocks view of the road or trail right in front of the truck. On technical trails with rocks the hood will impare vision. The quick sloping hood of the 88 is far better.
Even the hood on my 4RUNNER is lower and it has the fake air intake.

Attachments

• 20200613_131552.jpg
    20200613_131552.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
When I first got in to Gold Prospecting, I got stuck out in the desert in a 2wd pickup. I got pulled out by a Jeep Chereokee. I've had one ever since but recently upgraded to a Dodge RAM 1500 4X4. Believe it or not, with a 5.7 V-8 and 8-speed AT, it's rated at the same gas mileage as the Jeep with a Inline six and 4-speed AT. Plus it has heeated seats and sterring wheel, more power and bigger payload!

This is my 02 F 350 7.3 stroke. Just went through it with a bunch of rust free sheet metal, paint. Last truck I will buy. These trucks w/o 4w will get stuck in their own shadow with all that weight on the front end. This one goes good but it's heavy. I buried it almost up to the windows in snow. It was deep enough that I could just stick my 6 pack out the window to keep it cold. Had to wait for my brother in-law to come with the JD 5020 with a silage blade to plow me out. Drunks with 4WD and a cell phone.

Attachments

• 20210513_202718.jpg
    20210513_202718.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
Im waiting for my eldest BIL to stop driving and sell me his old Dodge (1995, 2005?) 2500 Cummins 4x4. Til then my ‘06 Jeep Commander 4.7v8 with a 2.25” lift has been keeping me from getting stuck… so far…

Attachments

• IMG_3532.jpeg
    IMG_3532.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I'm regretting selling my 87 k30 cab and chassis. That thing just went, not fast but it got ya there just the same.
The one I have is a military CUCV, it has the 6.2 diesel, 4.56 gearing and a non overdrive trans. Tops out at 55mph. The first upgrade I make will be for more highway capability.

I had an '81 Toyota 4x4 hilux pickup, 31" tires and a 22r out of a celica gt. That truck was the ugliest pos but never ever could get it stuck in anything once the hubs were locked. Not enough power to spin the tires and not enough weight to sink in. Rusting out just made it even lighter. It would crawl over anything and got 20+ mpg. Like having an ugly girlfriend, it would do anything i asked but i hated being seen with it.
Just wondering how many ugly girlfriends you have had? Lol

My wife's Rubicon has buttons on the dash to lock the front or back lockers or both at the same time. Never been stuck in any hole I put it in.Ive only stuck a one of my diesels once since I bought the first one in 2004 and it was sitting on the front bumper. It was all a skidder with giant all wheel 4wd to pull that heavy bastard out. he dug 4 holes over a foot deep before he even moved it.
Great looking Ruby

Once you develop the overconfidence that comes with a bit of 4wd trekking you will need to get a winch for when you get stuck way out there.

It will happen.

Attachments

• IMG_1846.jpeg
    IMG_1846.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back