32 Cal ML

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have sold off a couple of my muzzleloaders, but that one is staying right where it belongs. With me.
Though I have no desire to mess with PRB's in any cal. I've been millin around the idea of havin a .35 fast twist to shoot exclusively .32 pistol bullets in sabots as a small critter gun. Considerin it in a sidelock & an inline, leaning more towards an inline.

I had a CVA squirrel .32 cal. rifle back in the 90's, ordered from a local gunshop. When I got it was told the truck had wrecked during shipping. Sure enough the stock was cracked inside the barrel channel. I returned it, unfired, and ordered a Cherokee .32 which the CVA funds covered plus $$$.
The Cherokee is a great little gun, very accurate! Like a dummy I sold it to fund the .54 TC Firehawk when they came out. Now they are worth twice as much if not more!!

After reading about them on here, I’m now wanting to try one. The only options I know of are the Cherokee, Crockett, and DeerHunter. What would be your first choice? If there are other options I don’t know about please add them.
There was a 32 cal kit on gb last week not sure if still there ?

Why worry about the value of the gun? If you want to put peep sights on it to shoot, then go for it. The value of the small caliber T/C guns has increased 5-fold since they were introduced, and I foresee that that value will only increase in the future. You can always remove the peep sight should you decide to sell and fill the tapped hole with a plug screw.

I had a CVA squirrel .32 cal. rifle back in the 90's, ordered from a local gunshop. When I got it was told the truck had wrecked during shipping. Sure enough the stock was cracked inside the barrel channel. I returned it, unfired, and ordered a Cherokee .32 which the CVA funds covered plus $$$.
The Cherokee is a great little gun, very accurate! Like a dummy I sold it to fund the .54 TC Firehawk when they came out. Now they are worth twice as much if not more!!
You're so right, I'm amazed at how much the value in the smaller caliber Cherokee's & Seneca's are selling for now. The Firehawk & Thunderhawks were both dang fine muzzleloaders when they came out. I'm glad to see that they are still valued & used today too.

Why worry about the value of the gun? If you want to put peep sights on it to shoot, then go for it. The value of the small caliber T/C guns has increased 5-fold since they were introduced, and I foresee that that value will only increase in the future. You can always remove the peep sight should you decide to sell and fill the tapped hole with a plug screw.
There is something to be concerned about when considering taking a gun that is worth say... 800-900.00 & highly collectible & still climbing in value & rarity, then alter it to where it's worth half its value, isn't sound thinking IMHO.

Yeah, I'm not exactly young anymore and the peep sights really help my accuracy. I really love shooting that gun and can't really imagine selling it. I still get hung up on resale value for some reason.

Back