32 Cal ML

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ill bet it hits at least $650 before the last buzzer.
Few years back I went off the deep end on .32's. Almost all were bought at top end market. I must say, I love the TC best basically just for the 1-30 twist. All others are 1-48. They will all shoot minute of squirrel, but the slow twists are much more finicky for dialing in the load nodes. the TC is much more forgiving to shoot the same projectile heavy or light load. My main problem is the TC was built for a much smaller human and does not fit me at all. I shoot a cherokee or seneca in .45 and it punches me in the cheek every time. .32 is fine, but the fit is still way off. CVA varminter/ squirreler (and I think Traditions crockett) is better, but still a ladies/youth fit. Most others are a rebarrel on an existing rifle platform, which usually ends up with an overly heavy barrel for a squirrel gun

Last edited:
There is something to be concerned about when considering taking a gun that is worth say... 800-900.00 & highly collectible & still climbing in value & rarity, then alter it to where it's worth half its value, isn't sound thinking IMHO.
I can't believe that one plugged screw hole would diminish the value of the gun by half especially since they aren't making any more T/C guns so the value will continue to climb. If I want to hunt and shoot a gun, I am going to make it so I can shoot it well and if that means drilling a hole to put a peep sight on it I'll do it. It's my gun, and i didn't buy it as a collectors item, I bought it to hunt and shoot with.

I agree with you Fyrstyk, there are collector guns and shootin guns. Just because they are going for big $ doesn't make them collectible. I rarely buy perfect guns. Makes them less expensive and easier to shoot or take out to the woods. But i would give some thought to whether or not a mod will really hurt its value. TC offered drilled and undrilled tangs on their Renegades. Did they also do it on the other models? If so i dont think itll hurt the value any.

I can't believe that one plugged screw hole would diminish the value of the gun by half especially since they aren't making any more T/C guns so the value will continue to climb. If I want to hunt and shoot a gun, I am going to make it so I can shoot it well and if that means drilling a hole to put a peep sight on it I'll do it. It's my gun, and i didn't buy it as a collectors item, I bought it to hunt and shoot with.
Ill bet it hits at least $650 before the last buzzer.
Few years back I went off the deep end on .32's. Almost all were bought at top end market. I must say, I love the TC best basically just for the 1-30 twist. All others are 1-48. They will all shoot minute of squirrel, but the slow twists are much more finicky for dialing in the load nodes. the TC is much more forgiving to shoot the same projectile heavy or light load. My main problem is the TC was built for a much smaller human and does not fit me at all. I shoot a cherokee or seneca in .45 and it punches me in the cheek every time. .32 is fine, but the fit is still way off. CVA varminter/ squirreler (and I think Traditions crockett) is better, but still a ladies/youth fit. Most others are a rebarrel on an existing rifle platform, which usually ends up with an overly heavy barrel for a squirrel gun
I hope the heck it don't go to no 500-650.00. I had a Firehawk & Thunderhawk both .50, neither of them were like a youth model fit to my body. I had a Seneca rebored to .40 that was really cool, but it did have that womans/youth model fit that just did not work with my body. I sold it & bought a TC High Plains Sporter ( which I like much much better ) to rebarrel with another .40 fast twist barrel.

Some states require it even for muzzleloaders, VA doesn't. I bought a White M97 from Alaska many years ago off GunBroker before the taxes crap. He said AK required a FFL even after I questioned it. I won the auction and got the gun. FFL only charged $10 for paperwork, wasn't too bad...
I was told later that AK doesn't require it.

Last edited:
Back