.32 cal muzzy for turkey ???

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody ever hunted turkey with a .32 cal muzzleloader ?
Turkey hunting in Fl. it's legal to use a muzzleloader. I took a cpl with the TC Seneca .40 cal I had with 180gr XTP pistol bullets. Bein able to drop turkey at over 100yds with a sidelock & peep sights with jacketed pistol bullets was really cool. Shot placement is a big deal there. NO front chest shots, side shot only. Have fun with the .32, good luck

I’m going to Texas in April. It’s legal there. Would a maxi ball be better than a round ball ?

Theres a saggedy old .32 BP inline that needs some work on GB right now for 180.00 I think. That would make a cool squirrel gun & may have a fast enough twist for conicals or cast pistol bullets. Just Food for thought

For something the size of turkey (with all the feathers to take some of the force out of the shot), you can get away with something around a .22 WMR level of performance; with out tearing things up excessively. 15gr of black powder or equivalent and a .310 round ball (45gr, roughly) aught to do it. Shoot them through the chest, and like most living things, they won't go far.

Back