35 years ago 1985

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It was the year 1985 bought a magazine can't remember which one when I got home I started thumbing through the pages on the page there was a picture of Tony Knight and a big right up on a new inline ML'er he designed this was the first I ever herd this I was so excited but then as I read on my excitement turn to sadness It read they will not be available in stores for awhile Muzzle loader season was 3 months away I showed my wife and I said I wanted one she said go and buy it I said with a droopy face they are not FS yet she said as soon as they are FS buy one well I went on and on to all my hunting club members how I wish I could have one for the upcoming season I think I drove them crazy along with my wife My wife being purchasing agent for the state of Maryland un be known to me she found Tony Knights phone number again un be know she called and told him who she was the conversation she said was that she would love to have one for my birthday and for the upcoming muzzle loader season Early in the month of August she came into the kitchen gave me this long box I tore the birthday wrapping and low and behold there was a Knight MK-85 Blue with a forest green laminated stock The serial was low but can't remember the exact number I want to say 15 along with the rifle he sent bases as being a new rifle he said bases may not be available I was as happy as that kid who wanted a Red Rider BB gun for Christmas Well I read all I could on the loading etc. from his article Bought the bullets Sabots powder and scoped it with a weaver 3X9X scope so off to the range being use to using the Thompson Hawkin's it was quite an experience accuracy was great Opening morning I killed 3 Deer After the season at the range when the member saw my Knight finally they became available I must have sold 300 at my club when the word got out as to how they shot and they were FS in all the stores in Maryland I wish I still had the rifle but I gave it to my son when I bought the new Master Hunter and I am sure he sold it for something illegal Kids Well this is a true story I am not going to sit here and type with two fingers for more than an hour if not true. Lou

It was the year 1985 bought a magazine can't remember which one when I got home I started thumbing through the pages on the page there was a picture of Tony Knight and a big right up on a new inline ML'er he designed this was the first I ever herd this I was so excited but then as I read on my excitement turn to sadness It read they will not be available in stores for awhile Muzzle loader season was 3 months away I showed my wife and I said I wanted one she said go and buy it I said with a droopy face they are not FS yet she said as soon as they are FS buy one well I went on and on to all my hunting club members how I wish I could have one for the upcoming season I think I drove them crazy along with my wife My wife being purchasing agent for the state of Maryland un be known to me she found Tony Knights phone number again un be know she called and told him who she was the conversation she said was that she would love to have one for my birthday and for the upcoming muzzle loader season Early in the month of August she came into the kitchen gave me this long box I tore the birthday wrapping and low and behold there was a Knight MK-85 Blue with a forest green laminated stock The serial was low but can't remember the exact number I want to say 15 along with the rifle he sent bases as being a new rifle he said bases may not be available I was as happy as that kid who wanted a Red Rider BB gun for Christmas Well I read all I could on the loading etc. from his article Bought the bullets Sabots powder and scoped it with a weaver 3X9X scope so off to the range being use to using the Thompson Hawkin's it was quite an experience accuracy was great Opening morning I killed 3 Deer After the season at the range when the member saw my Knight finally they became available I must have sold 300 at my club when the word got out as to how they shot and they were FS in all the stores in Maryland I wish I still had the rifle but I gave it to my son when I bought the new Master Hunter and I am sure he sold it for something illegal Kids Well this is a true story I am not going to sit here and type with two fingers for more than an hour if not true. Lou
Evening; Enjoyed your story from long ago.
Thank You: Steve

That is cool! Kudos to your wife, she sounds like an awesome woman :D
Damn Kids, LOL

I got my first MK in the early 90's, and still have it. Shot many a deer with it, great guns for sure!

Nice story. I bought my first knight when I turned 18. Bought an LK because I was to brooke to buy an MK. I've corrected the situation and still hunt almost exclusively with one.

I remember back then !!! My folks got me a bk92 ,54cal , for my birthday in 1994 !!! Still have it !!!
I let my best buddy use it and got the barrel back a mess . Tried to get another barrel but no luck so what to do ??? Had a brain storm and got a rem uml take--off barrel , reworked the reciever end and now its a 50 . The black textured painted stock was a little rough , sanded it down and found the prettiest tiger stripped maple ive ever seen !!! Who would have ever thought that !!! Iirc knight said it was birch . Didnt really want to go custom but it happened . Good and bad i guess . Its accurate , powerfull , and very light , beautiful but i still miss that 54 barrel . Nostalga i guess . The bigger bores just have a certain appeal to me . Plus it was originally a 54 and i loved it/that . Original only happens once .
Youre wife is very sweet to have got you that . The boy i hope has straightened out his life . Im sorry for that loss of such a special rifle . He didnt / couldnt feel about it like you did . Thats a shame .
I still hunt with mine at times . I have a few other different rifles so i pick and choose . Gets hard to do sometimes !!! Their all older and nice . Thanks for the trip down memory lane !!! :lewis:

Latest posts

Back