350 Legend

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jims

Reaction score
I have a Thompson Center Venture II in .350 Legend. The Win 180 power point cartridges upon firing leaves a fair amount of carbon streaking down the case nearly to the base. The Hornadys come out clean but are not quite as accurate. Both are about 1.5 MOA but for a 125 yard deer gun it will suffice. Would like to get some Hornady flex points but none are available.
Any thoughts on the Win carbon streaking? The Win bullets are .354, the Hornady is .355. Thanks

I have a Thompson Center Venture II in .350 Legend. The Win 180 power point cartridges upon firing leaves a fair amount of carbon streaking down the case nearly to the base. The Hornadys come out clean but are not quite as accurate. Both are about 1.5 MOA but for a 125 yard deer gun it will suffice. Would like to get some Hornady flex points but none are available.
Any thoughts on the Win carbon streaking? The Win bullets are .354, the Hornady is .355. Thanks
Think bullet diameter says it all/Ed

be aware no one can have just one. But my savage really likes the win 150's, the ruger the 170 handloads and 180 factory loads, the encore with a mgm barrel it don't care. The encore will shoot em all including the 180 358 bullets it really likes the158 hornady xtp's (357) but I don't know about shooting a deer with em. When the dust settles I'm hopping the 165 horn will be the bullet I settle on but right now you can't get anything to experiment with

I considered getting more for my daughters but they may not hunt this year, new baby etc. I may not reload as the factory Hornadys are accurate for our distances. There are 45-70s and 350 Legends for sale at our local gunshop as no one is buying them because they cannot get ammunition. I said they could reload, said can't get primers.

I bought loaded ammo, brass and primmer and lots of powder. Bought mine last year, I guess I got lucky. If your in ohio I cold help you out a little.

My youngest took his first deer with a 350 this fall. He Used an AR 15 SBR with a can I built. I used it the next weekend to take a doe... Hits like a 410 or even softer with the can on. No one is undergunned with a 350, yet it seems like the perfect round for small framed shooters and folks who are recoil shy.

I am in Ohio but good right now. Thanks for the offer.

I considered getting more for my daughters but they may not hunt this year, new baby etc. I may not reload as the factory Hornadys are accurate for our distances. There are 45-70s and 350 Legends for sale at our local gunshop as no one is buying them because they cannot get ammunition. I said they could reload, said can't get primers.

I have seen 350 Legend ammo at Dunhams, Sportsman Warehouse, and the Dicks Sporting Goods that still sell guns/ammo.

I found the Hornady 170 grain shoots best in my Ruger Ranch Rifle. That 10 pointer in my avatar photo was taken with that rifle and load. The absolute worst ammo I have shot is the cheap Winchester full metal jacket stuff. I can throw them more accurately than my rifle shoots them!

Latest posts

Back