.36 Cal 260 Yard 8” Gong

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
I made it out this morning and Shot my “J Carp” Fast 1:15 Twist .36 Cal Barrel Again, I decided to shoot my 8” Steel Gong, The Gong ended up at 260 Yards out. I forgot a piece of Cardboard to go behind my Target Stand to make a Solid Color, This ended up being a VERY difficult Target To See, 1 of the hardest i have ever Shot. I was 12-15 miles from home and didn’t want to Run back, I decided to Go with the Target the way it was. As quick as the Mountain Rd opens where i got Rained out last year (Gated right now) I will work on 500, and 700 Yards with this little .36 Cal “Pea Shooter” :D

Dude! Awesome right there. I hate to see how it goes when you can see it clearly:2cool:. Maybe a bright orange cross painted across the target face so you at least have a reference point? The Elk look nice....any turkey around?

That's pretty good plinking Bud! From shot to hit isn't a very long stretch of time so that little sucker must be hikin it. Pretty cool.

Thank you fellas! This little .36 Cal is a No Joke Rifle! This was my main reason for having this Barrel, Twist, and Bullet Made. Some will under rate it, BAD Mistake on their Part! This little Dog can/will fight! Ft lbs of Energy wise, this Bullet is virtually identical to the a Lyman Gould, With the little .36 having a MUCH Higher BC (Ballistic Coefficient) in Short, it’s a BAD LITTLE Dude!

The Bullet, With 1-40 Alloy they weigh right at 337 Grains
ygzcROnl.jpg

And here it is standing beside my 540 Grain BACO Elliptical, Which is My Largest .45 Cal Bullet.
DxvDe4Em.jpg

Dude! Awesome right there. I hate to see how it goes when you can see it clearly:2cool:. Maybe a bright orange cross painted across the target face so you at least have a reference point? The Elk look nice....any turkey around?

Lot’s of Turkey’s! I took my little Dog for a Ride a few days ago, I seen at least a Dozen Big Long Beards cross the Rd ahead of me, when i got up to where they were i Shut my Truck off, That was Enough to make ALL of em Gobble, Goofy things! And of course when i started my truck back up they “FIRED OFF” Again. It amazes me how they can all Gobble at the Exact same time. I think this is gonna be a ROUGH Spring to Hunt them, at least in most of the Places i Hunt, The Mountain rds are stil Blocked with Heavy Snow, And The Big Fields are full of Water from the Snow melting. These Turkey’s will “hang up” over a little stream of water, I’ve seen them Walk up and down the side of a Little 2ft Stream Gobbling away and not jump across it, they act trapped :rolleyes:

Lew, I bow in humble admiration.

My suggestion. Go to a fabric store and buy a yard of cheap black fabric. Staple it to your suspension 2x4 so that it hangs like a curtain behind the gong. Then you can't leave home without it. :p

Last edited:
Lew, I bow in humble admiration.

My suggestion. Go to a fabric store and buy a yard of cheap black fabric. Staple it to your suspension 2x4 so that it hangs like a curtain behind the gong. Then you can't leave home without it. :p

That is an AWESOME Idea Semi!! That would have given me a NICE sight picture! Now i need to find a Dark Blue/Black Sheet, and a Solid White one :D I carry a Can of Black, and White Spray Paint with my Gong Targets, a Black and a White Drop cloth background would give me Options :lewis: This will be seen in Future Videos, Thanks for the AWESOME idea Semi :lewis:

Latest posts

Back