$39 blackhorn

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just picked up the last three 8oz bottles of BH 209 from local gun shop for $59.99 ea.............OUCH. Owner told me it would probably be awhile before she tries to restock it as the distributors are charging ridiculous prices now. I see places online charging $80 per 8oz, crazy

Ethan at ilovemuzzleloding just had a short quip about it the other week, I think it was on the NRA Show edition. Made in Canada and it’s outsourced, not made directly by Hodgdon. It was an interesting watch.

Ethan at ilovemuzzleloding just had a short quip about it the other week, I think it was on the NRA Show edition. Made in Canada and it’s outsourced, not made directly by Hodgdon. It was an interesting watch.
Hodgdon doesn't make any powders they rebrand other companies powder and sell it here.

You are all free to do what you want. I learned how to make my own BP in small quantities years ago because I wasn't going to pay the ridiculous prices and hazmat THEN. My consistencies and groups are good, and my fps are slightly higher then Goex based on my tests. I attribute that to the willow charcoal (which I also make myself).

I group well at 50 yards and 100 yards with sabots, round balls, and even the over priced powerbelts.

I have zero interest in paying well over 70 dollars a can for 8 Oz of powder. That's a big fat no.

Latest posts

Back