410 over/under for turkey hunting....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LBAhunter

Reaction score
I was looking at this one, Tristar TT-15 field silver/black/walnut 410ga. Anybody know anything about them?

I know several people who own Tristars. Seems their 50/50 on hate or love. I looked real hard at their 16 gauge O/U for a Turkey gun. With TSS it’s awful nice that you can use sub gauges.

I looked at the Tristar Cobra pump 410 also. I would like to put my paws on one to see how it feels.

I looked at the Tristar Cobra pump 410 also. I would like to put my paws on one to see how it feels.

I stopped by my local Sportsmen Warehouse this evening. They had some Tristar pumps, semi-autos and O/Us. If you have one around you may be able to try one on for size.

I have a Yildiz 410 overunder. Indiancreek chokes and a meadowcreekmounts on the vent rib with a Burris FF4. Have killed turkey, ducks and geese with it. They are a lot of fun

I have a Yildiz 410 overunder. Indiancreek chokes and a meadowcreekmounts on the vent rib with a Burris FF4. Have killed turkey, ducks and geese with it. They are a lot of fun
Will extended chokes fit in both barrels at the same time? That's why I was looking at the Tristar. It looks like it would have no problem with 2 extended chokes.

Will extended chokes fit in both barrels at the same time? That's why I was looking at the Tristar. It looks like it would have no problem with 2 extended chokes.
I know for a fact the 20ga Tristar won’t fit 2 Indiancreek chokes. Indiancreek has a lot more meat on them than other chokes. I can’t think of anyone who has a 410 Tristar overunder Send me a side picture of the Tristar and I’ll see if the spacing between barrels looks about the same as my Yildiz

It must shoot some great patterns. Does both barrels shoot to the same point of impact?
Which Yildiz model do you have?

It must shoot some great patterns. Does both barrels shoot to the same point of impact?
Which Yildiz model do you have?
I have the top barrel dead on. Bottoms is about 3” lower at 40 for turkey. So I just raise it a hair if I need a follow up

I also have a Hatfield 410 O/U made at the same facility in Turkey. All of the ones I've seen share the same features be they CZ, Tristar etc. Mine has internal chokes (5) And I've knocked over prairie dogs at 35 yds + with the witnessed pattern on the ground being very small. I use the IC and mod chokes which are plenty tight enough. Mine is so well liked two of my friends each got one, perfect for blue grouse (Dusky) around here and hopefully local turkeys. 7300+ elev and 453 pop, perfect!

Just looking for something with less recoil. I thought the 410 with TSS would work great. I was looking at 410 autos to. I was thinking that with a pump or o/u, I wouldn't have to look for the empty hull.

Latest posts

Back