44 caliber Colt pietta

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turtlelonghair

Reaction score
Is there anybody out there 44 cylinder for a 44 Colt Petta one nipple hole is really screwed up don't know if it can be fixed or not which I don't know how but I've checked the price on cylinder and they are expensive more than I paid for the gun any help would be appreciated thanks guys

I dont have a cylinder for you. But if you wanted to have that one fixed you could send it to me and i will do everything i can to fix it for you. No charge but the shipping.

Thanks muzzy what do you think it would take to fix it I would like to know myself but I'm stumped I guess

Im not sure. I need to see it and try a few different ways to get the stuck nipple out. It may come down to drilling out the nipple and retapping the threads. Maybe reblueing after.

If the nipple is stuck in the cylinder you can drill it out. Start small and perfectly aligned and keep increasing the drill size. The nipple should collapse and come out just before you get into the cylinder threads. Of course you'll need a drill set with a lot of sizes so your increases will be small and a good vise to hold everything in alignment.

Did this myself with a GPH I bought used. Didn't even need to re-tap the threads, though I think I got lucky.

If the nipple is out but the threads are so bad you can't install a new one, you'll need someone who can drill out the threads and install a helicoil.

Doing nothing may be your best course. You're only supposed to load 5 anyway, so leave the chamber with the bad nipple empty.

Back