44 Colt Peitta

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turtlelonghair

Reaction score
looking for 44 Colt cylinder one nipple has bad threads won't start or is there any way to rethread old timer here can't afford much p.s. the bad threads are in the cylinder now I have a 5 shot all help is well appreciated

If you can get ahold of an M6-.75 tap, I believe you can chase the threads from the Ball side of the cylinder providing the nipple is out if I'm understanding correctly.

i thought the nipple was still seized in the cylinder. Then yeah just need to run a tap thru it then clean and dry it and wipe a little liquid blueing on it.
Or, some shooters intentionally leave one nipple out and that hole unloaded so they can leave the hammer down on it, when carrying, and not have to worry about it accidentally firing. I do that when i take my revolver hunting. Going to the range, tho, i load all six.

Well thank you guys yeah muzzy the nipple is out it just won't start back I think it's the threads in the cylinder now where can I find one of those taps who would have something that small

Remember, if the threads are tapped clear through, chase the threads from the powder and ball end of the cylinder, not the nipple side. That should clean up your starting threads.

Well got my tap yesterday didn't have a handle so I clicked it on vice grips and I did the opposite I went in from the nipple side two or three turns back out nipple screwed back in perfect and I want to thank all the guys for helping out thanks

I have number 10 nipples in right now in my 44 Colt what is the length on the nipples for the pietta 44 Colt I want to go back to number 11

Back