44 Ruger Carbine accuracy idea

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find the Ruger kills deer just fine with 240 grain bullets. I have not shot one more than 100 yards so that's my limit of experience. I currently shoot the PPU brand out of it. I think I would love that 1894. You shoot open sights or scope???
I find the Ruger kills deer just fine with 240 grain bullets. I have not shot one more than 100 yards so that's my limit of experience. I currently shoot the PPU brand out of it. I think I would love that 1894. You shoot open sights or scope???
Greetings! Allow me to jump in your posts which I find interesting since I just very recently acquired a Ruger 44 Carbine. I must confess I really didn’t have high hopes for this rifle nor wanted a new gun during this ammo shortage but bought it off a friend who needed some quick cash. Mounted a spare cheap scope on it and took it out to shoot since previous owner gave me a few shells. Set targets out to 50 meters/ abt 53 yds. And fired first 3 rounds to click in to center X. Then fired next 3 rounds to record/ confirm zero. All last 3 rounds punched a hole I could cover with a quarter! From the bench table I had thought I had missed the last two shots until I walked up to target. Might have been just luck and I wish I had more ammo to spare, lol. But I was shocked and impressed with the one hole. Ammo used was some really old Mag-Tech 240grs. SJFP. A total of only 6 rounds fired and all functioned flawlessly. I can’t wait for this coming hunt season with my last 4 rounds of ammo! Lol till they become available again. SNAPBANG, Maybe try Mag-Tech 240grs. SJFP. Might just be the fix you looking for.

Thank you Dyrhunter. I have not tried that particular ammo. When and if I find some of those I will try them. Thanks again.

I have a Ruger .44 carbine, I have had zero malfunctions, and have shot mostly american eagle JSP 240gr. As well as handloads using H-110 and 240gr. Gas check cast swc. I think it's just a matter of finding what works, some of us get lucky on the first try.

Latest posts

Back