45-70 Shiloh Sharps

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like it Shoots Bob :lewis: I came AWFUL close to buying a Shiloh a few months ago, But talked myself out of it. I have so much going on with Muzzleloader, I can’t even keep up with all of them, I can’t Justify jumping in to BPCR at this time. But someday i will, I wanna shoot against Dave Gullo at Hellgate, Hopefully this Summer :lewis: With a Borrowed Gun

Looks like it Shoots Bob :lewis: I came AWFUL close to buying a Shiloh a few months ago, But talked myself out of it. I have so much going on with Muzzleloader, I can’t even keep up with all of them, I can’t Justify jumping in to BPCR at this time. But someday i will, I wanna shoot against Dave Gullo at Hellgate, Hopefully this Summer :lewis: With a Borrowed Gun
i like to shoot competition with it, very good shooters out your way, almost same as MZ just add the case for powder, I have heard that Dave is damn good spotter and know he is great shooter

@45-70 That’s pretty impressive! Im assuming you’re shooting BP.??
I don’t know much about BPCR do you swab those out between shots? Between groups? Or at the end of the day? I’d love one of those rifles, maybe next year for my B-Day😁

some blow tube between shots , I wipe with wet patch and mop chamber dry. In competition you shoot two bans of 5 animals and yes the holy black and I'm waiting on a Shiloh in 45-100

I’m new to loading for my Sharps. I have two molds from Accurate. One is a 500 grn govt style and the other is a 450 grn FP more of a hunting bullet. My load yesterday was 65 grns by weight Swiss FFG drop tube 1 .030 card wad compressed approx .020. 450 grn bullet lubed with Idaholewis lube recipe Remington brass CCI lrg mag rifle primer. I only loaded 5 as a test run. Shooting was 100 yards off the bench. I only have the buckhorn rear barrel sight and the silver blade front. Not really liking this sight set up. My eyes are starting to go south on me. Here are a couple pictures.

Attachments

• C2758E3F-3FD1-4699-A508-446B9CF9FCF9.jpeg
    C2758E3F-3FD1-4699-A508-446B9CF9FCF9.jpeg
    129.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 1543FF11-99C0-44FA-A1B5-7258CFC459EA.jpeg
    1543FF11-99C0-44FA-A1B5-7258CFC459EA.jpeg
    85.1 KB · Views: 16
  • C0D96E3C-BCC9-4476-9BC3-3F4199D272F5.jpeg
    C0D96E3C-BCC9-4476-9BC3-3F4199D272F5.jpeg
    92.3 KB · Views: 16
Harley, Brent Danielson helped me with my being able to see the sights and it worked for me. Normally I wear reading glasses and with them on the target is fuzzy and off the sights are fuzzy. He told me to go on Amazon and get some .5 power glasses. I normally use 250's to read. I got 2 pair for $20. and IT WORKED ! No more fuzzy sights or targets.

Harley, Brent Danielson helped me with my being able to see the sights and it worked for me. Normally I wear reading glasses and with them on the target is fuzzy and off the sights are fuzzy. He told me to go on Amazon and get some .5 power glasses. I normally use 250's to read. I got 2 pair for $20. and IT WORKED ! No more fuzzy sights or targets.

Brent knows his Business :lewis: I have learned quite a bit from Brent over the years, Just reading and Following his stuff on the BPCR Forums.

I’m new to loading for my Sharps. I have two molds from Accurate. One is a 500 grn govt style and the other is a 450 grn FP more of a hunting bullet. My load yesterday was 65 grns by weight Swiss FFG drop tube 1 .030 card wad compressed approx .020. 450 grn bullet lubed with Idaholewis lube recipe Remington brass CCI lrg mag rifle primer. I only loaded 5 as a test run. Shooting was 100 yards off the bench. I only have the buckhorn rear barrel sight and the silver blade front. Not really liking this sight set up. My eyes are starting to go south on me. Here are a couple pictures.
20200903_153514.jpgThis what I shot for Grease Groove

Back