45-70 Shiloh Sharps

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only thing I changed was the nose diameter to .447 instead of bore , this was in front of first driving band. I got some leading at first but started running it with 16-1 hardness and it worked. Got a 4th place at Atturbery 1000 yd. matches last summer. 70 grains , 2ff , .060 poly , seated up to just 3 third driving band very snug fit into rifling

It is a copy of Dan T. Money , mould was done by Brooks from a diagram I sent him. will see if i can find drawingView attachment 12001

That looks like a DANDY Bob! I have been wanting to try a Brooks Tru-Bore Mold, I have never had one. Thinking about his little Creedmoor? I hear very good things about Brooks Tru-Bore Molds

Have you seen this Arnie H. Seitz designed bullet? I hear a LOT of good about it

Bullet dimensions-1.460" long,.453" base diameter, .445" nose diameter and 545 grain. This is a unique bullet design made especially to use in chambers that are cut for groove diameter bullets. If you look carefully at the dimensions shown in the drawing you will see that the bullet is designed to fit right up to the leade in your chamber and the rest of the bullet is bore diameter. The same bullet as the JIM455545E but .002" smaller.

r273qeJ.jpg

i like to shoot competition with it, very good shooters out your way, almost same as MZ just add the case for powder, I have heard that Dave is damn good spotter and know he is great shooter

This is Hellgate, You can see Dave Gullo Spotting here. I am hoping i can Shoot this with my Muzzleloader? I talked to Dave Yesterday about it, I think i can do it :lewis:

Have you seen this Arnie H. Seitz designed bullet? I hear a LOT of good about it

Bullet dimensions-1.460" long,.453" base diameter, .445" nose diameter and 545 grain. This is a unique bullet design made especially to use in chambers that are cut for groove diameter bullets. If you look carefully at the dimensions shown in the drawing you will see that the bullet is designed to fit right up to the leade in your chamber and the rest of the bullet is bore diameter. The same bullet as the JIM455545E but .002" smaller.

r273qeJ.jpg
yes , base on this one is .200 and had mine made .280 long

This is Hellgate, You can see Dave Gullo Spotting here. I am hoping i can Shoot this with my Muzzleloader? I talked to Dave Yesterday about it, I think i can do it :lewis:

[/QUOTE Lewis you will be hard pressed to load and get back down in 7 minutes, good luck if you try

I envy you living out west where most of the good matches are and some of the best Marksman in country
I don't think you will regret getting one

it is same bullet on second turkey picture , there are about 5or 6 shots around the hanger in that picture but must wipe between shots with bore pigs

Have you tried the Buffalo Arms Bore Wipers? They sure look like they do a Good Job

This is Gullo again, using the BACO Bore wiping system

I envy you living out west where most of the good matches are and some of the best Marksman in country
I don't think you will regret getting one

I’m sure I’ll love it Bob, Its just tough spending about 4 Thousand, It’s only Money though, I can’t take it with me when i leave here, Might as well Spend it! :D

might see if Dave can find one that is for sale sometimes they are sold cause guy up grades. I got into it by watching matches for awhile

You can get into one for $2500 or less depending on what your options are and how pretty you want it. My last one is a #3 sporter and I was into it for $2300 and that included the $200.00 I paid Bill Goodman to expedite it. It only took me 6 months even with the covid shut down. Sights, finishes, wood and a couple other upgrades raise the price. The 2 7/8 Norma brass on this one made me cry some. But 45/70 is everywhere. My first one took 20 months before the build started, and my roughrider I bought used.

@45-70 That’s pretty impressive! Im assuming you’re shooting BP.??
I don’t know much about BPCR do you swab those out between shots? Between groups? Or at the end of the day? I’d love one of those rifles, maybe next year for my B-Day😁

The 1874 Sharps is an ICONIC Rifle, I would love to own one, and will some day, A Shiloh that is :lewis: I want a .45-90, 34” Barrel, The “Long Range Express” Has a Pistol Grip

This one, Setup the way i want it, It’s about 4,000.00
https://shilohrifle.com/rifles/1874-sharps-rifle/1874-long-range-express/

Ouch! My only problem is I can’t stand to see a scope an an icon like that, I can’t can’t see open sights well enough to stretch that things legs...

Ouch! My only problem is I can’t stand to see a scope an an icon like that, I can’t can’t see open sights well enough to stretch that things legs...
Try the low power reading glasses trick I mentioned above . It works for me!

Latest posts

Back