45 Caliber....which one??

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now if I remember correctly I've read that some of the early disk 45's came with a 1 and 20 twist. Something about a serial number range?? I noticed there's one on gunbroker that the barrel was cut to 23" But it seemed like a reasonable price and I don't know looking at that Crown if it would affect the accuracy all that much.

The mountaineer stock is on the bulky side, and if I remember it’s a bit of a stretch too the trigger, ul stock has an aluminum bedding block and extremely light.the barrel is contoured the mountaineer is not and is longer.I like the mountaineer and lrh stock for box blind hunting, but not for tree stands.to bad you can’t find them on the shelf .the ul is good for any kind of hunting, it feels like carrying a center fire, hopefully this helps

Well I guess since I am such a Knight fan, Which models come with a 1 and 20 twist and which models come with the 1 in 30 twist and which twist rate would be the best as far as more selection in bullets and sabots? Accuracy????

The Knight DISC Original - Super DISC did start with a 1/20 rate and later was switched 1/30. The sabots of the time would not hold up to the torque created by the fast twist. All of the more modern Knight DISC 45 cals. were 1/30 - DISC Extreme/DISC Elite

Today the Mountaineer and the Ulite can be had with a 1/20 twist.

I keep looking at that 45 on GB also, i actually bought a 50 cal Original DISC from him (Don). Good guy to work with. After my last rifle came in yesterday my wife sternly said no more.....but I keep looking at that 45! The shorter barrel had me a bit worried but the smith appears to have done a good job.

I have a knight mountaineer .50 in a UL stock and a mountaineer .45 1:20”. My .50 cal mountaineer is pretty much my go to of my 4 muzzleloaders. I’m just starting to get some time to shoot the .45 and l am incredibly impressed. My first try at 200 yards with open sights wasn’t to bad ( pic attached, the one that hit high in the 8 ring was my first shot and l will say it was shooter error). I’m shooting 80 grains of pyrodex p, polywad, and a 385 no excuses bullet (l knurl them myself). As well as the .45 is shooting, it’s going to be giving my UL a run for the money.

Attachments

• AECDC4E4-1775-41CD-A020-E0D7CE6EDE67.jpeg
    AECDC4E4-1775-41CD-A020-E0D7CE6EDE67.jpeg
    57.9 KB · Views: 4
If it were me, I'd only look at the 1:20 twist 45cal rifles. I'd completely forget about the weakest link, the sabot and shoot bullet to bore.

Shop Muzzleloaders - Knight Rifles
It's going to be either a Knight or a Patriot...I've had it with these big company imports. They don't give a **** about shooters...just their company position.

It's going to be either a Knight or a Patriot...I've had it with these big company imports. They don't give a **** about shooters...just their company position.
Agree 100%. The more I hear about Woodman muzzleloaders the more impressed I am. I might have to sell one of my .50's for a .45.

Finally decided, just got it going, woodman omega brux 45 1 in 20 ,26 inch , it’s probably going to be a few months out , but should be awesome when all put together.mark responds extremely quick , I have a good feeling about this . I may sell some of my queens and order a patriot also , l love American made and small companies

Finally decided, just got it going, woodman omega brux 45 1 in 20 ,26 inch , it’s probably going to be a few months out , but should be awesome when all put together.mark responds extremely quick , I have a good feeling about this . I may sell some of my queens and order a patriot also , l love American made and small companies
I bet you will be very pleased. Post a pic of what you are having built if you can.

Latest posts

Back