50-70 Brass?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wyatt

Reaction score
I've got a Pedersoli Remington rolling block coming in the mail and need to find some brass.

Everyone seems to be back ordered on the 50-70 brass, so I'm wondering if there's a way to modify something more common (and available)?

Starline is back ordered. I'll try C Sharps. Thanks!

I've heard it's possible to convert another more common brass, but no idea what that might be. Since the 50-70 brass was over a buck each (when available) it's something to consider.

I'm sure glad I don't need 50-90 brass! Expensive stuff! Almost four bucks each before shipping.

At that price (DGW) I can understand it not being sold out.

Graf is an option and definitely a better price at a buck and a half per round of Starline 50-90. I don't need 100, though. Complain complain LOL

Go ahead and order the brass from Starline. I think when they get enough on backorder it encourages them to go ahead and make a batch.

TH - I'd do that if there was no alternative. I don't need 250 bullets and from what I've heard, black powder brass lasts almost forever. There's no need to even crimp in the lead. Thirty or forty - or maybe even fifty - I can't imagine needing more. And if I were to want to shoot more than that, it's easy enough reloading what I've got at the range.

If it turns out I can't get them anywhere else, I'll scrape up the $300 for 250, but till then I'll see if there's another way to tackle this problem. I guess I could put the extras up for sale to get my money back.

Is this logical or am I missing something?

Good idea! I'll check it out. How many guys out there looking for this stuff? Perhaps I can get a deal - LOL (not counting on THAT)

Latest posts

Back