.50 Cal 1-24 Twist RICE Barrel, 100 Yard 3 Shot Group (Sub MOA)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
After sizing these BIG 610 BACO GGs down to .499.5ish and getting them to Load REALLY nice, i needed to Re-shoot and make sure nothing had changed accuracy wise? It didn’t :lewis:

Target is Ranged at 100-101 Yards with my Leica Range Finder
zdJmXIg.jpg

Bullet was my 610 Grain Grease Groove from my BACO Mold, Cast of 1-20 Alloy, Lubed with my “Tinkered with” Bullshop NASA Lube. Traveling at 1,350 Fps
DfL5oRB.jpg

The 3 Shot Group measures .700
ALb6WDO.jpg

If I put on 70 LBS and a foot taller I still think pulling the trigger on that bullet would put me 120 FPS in the opposite direction ,just sayin /Ed

In all honesty, I think you would surprised? It’s really not as bad as you might think? I say My .45 1-18 Twist with 530-540s and 85-90 Grains of Powder has a SHARPER, more “annoying” Recoil. This .50 is a BIG Steady PUSH

In all honesty, I think you would surprised? It’s really not as bad as you might think? I say My .45 1-18 Twist with 530-540s and 85-90 Grains of Powder has a SHARPER, more “annoying” Recoil. This .50 is a BIG Steady PUSH
I will ignore that as that would require a new barrel a new mold (I like that 50 your casting ) and way more lead ! I just got an Accurate mold 40-225M delivered last nite for the renegade , see which direction I"m headed? Ed

I will ignore that as that would require a new barrel a new mold (I like that 50 your casting ) and way more lead ! I just got an Accurate mold 40-225M delivered last nite for the renegade , see which direction I"m headed? Ed

That Accurate Molds Bullet sounds Fun Ed! :lewis:

I FULLY admit that my .45s with 350 Grain Bullets, Pushed by 70 Grains of Swiss 2F Powder are FAR & AWAY More Fun to Shoot :lewis:

That Accurate Molds Bullet sounds Fun Ed! :lewis:

I FULLY admit that my .45s with 350 Grain Bullets, Pushed by 70 Grains of Swiss 2F Powder are FAR & AWAY More Fun to Shoot :lewis:
Lewis, I recently obtained (honestly) a Green Mountain Sharpshooter barrel with 1-24 twist. I have yet to shoot it but your research on the subject will put me a long range (pun intended) toward the desired performance level.
Thank You.

Latest posts

Back