.50 cal mold equivalent to Hornady PA Comical bullet?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to see someone else spell mould the same way I usually do!!

This is funny, i see the Word Mold/Mould both ways from manufacturers, I have always said Mold

Molding (American English) or moulding (British English) Mould is to mold as colour is to color.

BACO Says Both Mold & Mould

Accurate says Mold

Lee says Mold

NEI says Mold

Brooks Tru-Bore Says Mould

LBT says Mould

SAECO/Redding says Mould

RCBS says Mould

LYMAN says Mould

Glad to see someone else spell mould the same way I usually do!!
In older gun literature it is almost always spelled "mould". I started to notice the changing of the spelling to "mold" only during the past 15 years. "Mold" to me is something that grows in damp places or on old food. Although I do find myself spelling it the "new" way lately.

The REAL bullet mould was the first one I picked up. That and a round ball of course. That is going to be the first casting I try when I get everything set up. Was going to try those before I spent money on a custom mould.
Definitely use a wad under the real and use pure lead, personally I don't like them but I know people that swear by them. I just can't get them to shoot the way I want them to. What is the twist rate on your Flintlock if I may ask?

Definitely use a wad under the real and use pure lead, personally I don't like them but I know people that swear by them. I just can't get them to shoot the way I want them to. What is the twist rate on your Flintlock if I may ask?
Is 10ring 1 still active in posting ? This being a 2 year old Thread someone pulled up n ran with ? Heck there maybe some NOS of PA. ballets out there for sale.

Latest posts

Back