.50 Cal TC Renegade STOCK 1:48 Twist Bullet Test (The i Bullet)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gave Lewis’ 50 cal i bullet an independent test in my 50 cal 1-48 twist renegade today. I just received this rifle and had not fired a shot until today. I set my Lyman 57 peep and used the standard tc front renegade sight. Put 2 test shots at 25 just to make sure it was on paper and it was. Ran my target board out to 75 yards. Swabbed the barrel and shot three shots. Here’s the results. 75 grain Swiss ffg 1 54 cal wool wad and the ibullet.

Awesome deal HB :lewis: I have put that Bullet through the Same Hole a Bunch of times, It was my #1 Choice to Elk Hunt with Back in Dec. This is definitely one of my Very Favorite .50 Cal Hunting Bullets, The entire “i” Series, .45, .50, and .54

Awesome deal HB :lewis: I have put that Bullet through the Same Hole a Bunch of times, It was my #1 Choice to Elk Hunt with Back in Dec. This is definitely one of my Very Favorite .50 Cal Hunting Bullets, The entire “i” Series, .45, .50, and .54
I’m working with the .403 mold I bought from @michiganmuzzy but before that I was considering having accurate make up a .40 caliber version of that I bullet... I may yet, just for grins.

Don’t know how I missed this thread. That is awesome shooting Lewis, and Harleys Boss! That bullet is a definite keeper.

What is an I bullet
The I bullet is a series of bullets that Idaholewis designed and had Accurate Molds make molds for and are available for others to purchase as well. If you go back into the forums or on Idaholewis you tube channel you will find discussion and videos Lewis made shooting these bullets in various barrel twist . the I bullets include 45-340I, 50- 415I and 54-485I. You will notice there is a common theme with these bullets that they are all .84 long have 2 grease grooves and a generous metplat of 72-73%. I recently asked Accurate to make a I bullet in 40 caliber that will probably show up on their website in a day or two.

Accurate has made a few nice improvements to their catalog recently. Pages now list the calibers on it and molds list how many they've sold.
I was perusing the catalog last night. I like how the calibers are included on the page selection, and how you can go straight to the order page from the selected mold so you don't have to remember all those numbers.

Sure is more user friendly and lets you know what bullet styles are the most popular.
Yep. They're using peer pressure to sell the molds!!

I was notified last night that the 40-265I was now in the catalog. When I checked it out this morning I found out someone beat me at buying the first one.

I was notified last night that the 40-265I was now in the catalog. When I checked it out this morning I found out someone beat me at buying the first one.
Okay, this is getting nuts. There's gonna be, like, six different calibers of "i" bullets on the Accurate website, and I am going to then be COMPELLED to go get rifles in all those calibers!!

I've said this before, but it bears repetition: You guys Suck!!

blame the whole "i" thing on Lewis. Now he's got me following his lead. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention he's the one that sold me the muzzleloader I needed the 40i series for. Be careful he will hook you too.😉

Literally any guy on this Forum: "Hey! Look Honey, IdahoLewis invented a new line of Muzzleloader bullets. All the guys are getting the molds!"

The Wife:

nooo.gif

Latest posts

Back