.504 white lightning

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

btrone

Reaction score
Hey guys I am new here and have a .504 White Lightning. Couple of questions that I hope someone can answer. Have any of you seen a laminate or synthetic stock for this gun and have any of you figured up a good load for it? I should mention I have the 209 conversion in it and i did just order .504 420gr bullets from No Excuses.

I have 3 white rifles. I shoot the 460 gr no excuse bullets. A good load for mine is 85-90 gr charge but I use 777 with #11 caps.

I don't believe the lightning came with any other stock except the myrtle wood stock. They were a low budget designed rifle.
I would guess a Whitetail synthetic/laminate stock would work with some modification.

Can i ask why you wouldnt? I have shot mine with a 209 and have not had issues but am just looking for better accuracy

I was always taught that the 209 primer was made for the blackhorn 209 powder. Any other powder, a#11 or musket cap was plenty of fire. I could de wrong some someone can join in on that. I was also taught there is a lot of blowback on a plunger ignition with a 209 primer. That's why just stick with the #11 or musket caps.

My experience with 209 primers and plunger guns is based on one gun, a knight wolverine. My accuracy was much better with #11 caps and the blowback was far less. The blowback with the 209 bothered me much more than the accuracy difference.

Way back when, I bought a 209 primer conversion for the lk93 to use pellets instead of loose powder.

Back