50BMG cast lube cleaner .

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use it to punch bullets out of the lube cake. Cleans excess b4 running through sizing die.
I use a 45/70 case for the 45’s.
Might look into a .458 WMag case with same cut out.

Yes sir those work good! I made one but I drilled out the primer pocket for a old screw driver to push the lube bullet out. I glued a 44 cartridge on the end of the screw driver. Works real well, I can see where your design would work just as well. I also run mine thru a Lee sizer after I cut them out of the cake. I take what’s left in the cake pan and warm that in the microwave to reuse for another batch. Makes a light show in the microwave cuz there will be little shavings of lead in the melt.

Why not just push them out and run them through the sizer. That’s what I do and they are pretty clean when they come out of the lube.

I’ve noticed the lube can fall out of the grease grooves by doing that! I’ve heard to do it before they become to hard or cooled off to much. Got to find that sweet spot to push them out of the cake.

Boom, I used a tubing flaring tool to flare the case mouth a bit to keep from shaving the lead.
Ed, I find this step easier on my thumbs. One has a pin fused and the other has s torn tendon. This makes it much easier for me.

I thought about this due to I use to cut wads out of foam meat trays using empty cases.
Used for reduced loads and such .
Primers drilled out and push rod inserted.

I’ve noticed the lube can fall out of the grease grooves by doing that! I’ve heard to do it before they become to hard or cooled off to much. Got to find that sweet spot to push them out of the cake.
What I do is let the lube harden got about 75 minutes. The lube is hard yet still very manageable to push the bullets out. I find no excess on the bullets and the lube stays in the gives. But hey when it comes down to it whatever you like to do and it works for you go for it. :lewis:

Latest posts

Back