54 Caliber bullet sizer (?)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave,

Wow, I just checked the Northeast Trade Co site you referenced! They have quite a bit of available options. But I have to ask, they list two types of sizers: Push through dies, which appear to be stepped smooth cylindrical tools, and Threaded sizers and punches that fit standard reloading presses. I can pretty much guess the function of the latter, and those are probably perfect for my needs, but what are the former? How are those employed?

call it my need to know.

p.s. Lewis, you should check out the NE Trade co site. They list a TON of dies

I looked, GOOD INFO to know!! The Push Through Sizers are getting harder to Come by! Especially guy’s that will do Custom Sizes. I have 1 Guy that will make me ANY Lee Style Push Through Sizer i want, But I don’t believe he wants to do it as a Side deal for Everyone? Therefore I Won’t Speak his name. He just made me a Custom .301 that i got a Couple Days ago, It is SPOT ON .301 👌

So, how are those smooth push-through dies used? As in, what equipment is needed in addition to the tool itself?

I was perusing George's website (Tennessee Bullet Molds), referenced in an above post, and there is no mention of being out of business. It is stated that they have moved locations, and are a small business, but nothing indicating that there is an issue.
Last conversation I had with George, he was looking for somebody to buy the business and all he had was inventory on hand. Still a great guy to work with if he has what you're needing.

I would appreciate you posting Tom Crone's contact info, as well.

Tom Crone- 301-473-5699
Tell him what you need and he can make it. I have a number of his sizers and they are right on the dot for size. He makes other stuff besides sizers like custom sized cleaning jags, etc. If it needs to machined for supporting a muzzleloader or black powder gun, Tom can make it. He's a young fellow and a machinist by trade.

I spoke with George a few times as well, George is a DARN GOOD Guy! I wasn’t exactly sure which size i needed on a Certain Die? George Sent me 2 Consecutive Dies so i could Choose the Right Fit for my Needs, And then send him the other one Back, I ended up Buying Both Dies from him. Fact is, It said quite a lot about George’s Character to me, He was Willing to Trust a Total Stranger By sending me out 2 Dies unpaid For, to help me Get the Right Size Die. I have nothing but good to Say about George Gomph :lewis: And hope him Well, as well!
That’s the way I like to do business. A promise and a handshake pack a lot of weight with me. A man is only as good as his word. Been screwed by a couple of people, but overall, people are good.

Back