57sml front sight recommendations besides Lyman Globes

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm curious what other front sights besides Lyman brand globe sights people have had positive experiences while using the Lyman 57sml rear tang sight. Other globes, fiber optics, etc.

I’m currently using a 20MJT with Shaver inserts, I like it. Plenty of room for light.
Bad Karma,
Where did you purchase the 20MJT front sight from? My problem with aperture rear sights is that the front sight is virtually always too coarse, thus obscuring most of whatever I am trying to aim at. A standard globe front usually has an insert fine enough that I can aim better, but they are useless to me for any kind of hunting situation.

Thanks,
Bruce

Bad Karma,
Where did you purchase the 20MJT front sight from? My problem with aperture rear sights is that the front sight is virtually always too coarse, thus obscuring most of whatever I am trying to aim at. A standard globe front usually has an insert fine enough that I can aim better, but they are useless to me for any kind of hunting situation.

Thanks,
Bruce
I bought mine used from EBAY… inserts came from shavers website.

I’m currently using a 20MJT with Shaver inserts, I like it. Plenty of room for light.
I found a 20MJT for 60$ with 5 inserts and free shipping. The only thing in wondering about is with it having a height of .700 how much elevation do you have left with you 57 Sml once you zero your 100 and 200

I found a 20MJT for 60$ with 5 inserts and free shipping. The only thing in wondering about is with it having a height of .700 how much elevation do you have left with you 57 Sml once you zero your 100 and 200
Good question. I’m using it with a Shavers Soule sight and it’s perfect for that. The TC vernier sight should be a good fit. I would think you could measure and mark .300 on your existing Lyman or Williams peep elevator slide and see where you end up. Assuming you’re using a .404 M17 or similar.

Good question. I’m using it with a Shavers Soule sight and it’s perfect for that. The TC vernier sight should be a good fit. I would think you could measure and mark .300 on your existing Lyman or Williams peep elevator slide and see where you end up. Assuming you’re using a .404 M17 or similar.
I ended up going with the Lyman aeu. I'm going to mill a window out on the top front for the globe, that should help some with light. I still plan to get the 20MJT for one of my fast twist .54 cals

Latest posts

Back