750 Yard .50 Cal Sidelock (RICE Barrels, 1:24 Twist)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Guy’s! This stuff is a lot of Fun to do. These long range Open/Peep Sight ML Shoots can be Tough by yourself without a Spotter, But i LOVE the Challenge :lewis: I have done it enough that i can get REALLY Close right out of the Gate, But it wasn’t always like that! :)

That was some awesome shooting Lewis. Most people can’t do that with a scoped centerfire.

Nice going there lewis, just got my Hankins 45cal sizing die. Called BACO for a mold build for their 530 or 540 gr flat base but the girl said it could take up to 6 mounths, can't wait that long. Will try Ac. Moulds I think his turn time is 6 weeks anyway thanks for all the fun you share with us.

Nice going there lewis, just got my Hankins 45cal sizing die. Called BACO for a mold build for their 530 or 540 gr flat base but the girl said it could take up to 6 mounths, can't wait that long. Will try Ac. Moulds I think his turn time is 6 weeks anyway thanks for all the fun you share with us.

Thank you @wildcat2 :lewis:

WOW! They are out that Far huh? This is a Rough time in our Country to buy anything in the Shooting Hobbies, Even Bullet Molds. The last email i had with Tom at Accurate Molds he said the he was BUSY, to an unprecedented level. It’s a Shame on the BACO Mold, Nothing against Accurate Molds, i own a BUNCH of them! But there is a Difference

Have you checked with Brooks Tru-Bore Molds? I would check with him, He makes an Awesome Mold, and will make whatever you want

https://brooksmoulds.com/

Thanks Lewis just came back from his web. Do you know his plus or minus tolerance?

I am not sure of his Tolerances? But I know his Molds are Spoken VERY HIGHLY of throughout the BPCR Community. I stil don’t own a Brooks Tru-Bore Mold, But i have always wanted one. I plan to Order a Mold from him Soon

Going to own one soon , will keep you posted, thanks for the suggestion.

Good deal, Looking forward to your Feedback on it. I’m sure you will be happy with it. Like i said above, Brooks Tru-Bore Molds are Spoken VERY highly of :lewis:

These videos are so much fun to watch. I talk to guys at our range that are doing that kind of shooting with .338 Lapua, 30 inch barrels, and 24+ power scopes for bear across canyons. Oh, and muzzle brakes that tilt my hat four benches away.

I know you work real hard at finding those locations, setting up and driving back and forth to the target to see the hits. Your shooting has presented a whole new concept to black powder shooting. My hat is off to you. I wish the long range, high dollar shooters could see this.

What a great hobby. I am sure there are several of us readers that are totally entertained by your videos. Again, terrific work.

Dave Heffner
Roseburg, OR

These videos are so much fun to watch. I talk to guys at our range that are doing that kind of shooting with .338 Lapua, 30 inch barrels, and 24+ power scopes for bear across canyons. Oh, and muzzle brakes that tilt my hat four benches away.

I know you work real hard at finding those locations, setting up and driving back and forth to the target to see the hits. Your shooting has presented a whole new concept to black powder shooting. My hat is off to you. I wish the long range, high dollar shooters could see this.

What a great hobby. I am sure there are several of us readers that are totally entertained by your videos. Again, terrific work.

Dave Heffner
Roseburg, OR

Thank you for the Kind Words Dave, I sure enjoy doing this Stuff :lewis: If all goes well you will see a WHOLE BUNCH more Distance added on to this Coming up, About 450 Yards More :) 1,200 Yards

Add on another 120 yards and you will be at a mile. The longest distance I ever shot was 600 yards and that was at Camp Perry and with a M1. I am impressed with the accuracy at that distance you shoot.

Your videos have been very instructional, on a nonshooting question though, what kind of camera/scope combination are you using to make the videos? When you zoom in on the far targets the resolution is awesome!

1 minute ago
Your videos have been very instructional, on a nonshooting question though, what kind of camera/scope combination are you using to make the videos? When you zoom in on the far targets the resolution is awesome!

Add on another 120 yards and you will be at a mile. The longest distance I ever shot was 600 yards and that was at Camp Perry and with a M1. I am impressed with the accuracy at that distance you shoot.

1 mile is 1,760 Yards, I have plenty enough Sight with my 1-18 Twist .45 Cal to get there. There is a 1 Mile Shoot in Wyoming, Called the Wasserburger Mile (Kenny Wasserburger) i have posted it here a few different times in the Past, They mainly use Black Powder Cartridge, Open/Peep Sights

This is the Wasserburger Mile Target, it’s HUGE! But obviously needs to be with Open/Peep Sights. 1,760 Yards is a LOOOOOOOONG Way out there with your Naked Eye.

I have NO DOUBT that I could do this with my 1-18 Twist .45 Cal :lewis:
tLkiZlb.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back