750 Yard .50 Cal Sidelock (RICE Barrels, 1:24 Twist)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your videos have been very instructional, on a nonshooting question though, what kind of camera/scope combination are you using to make the videos? When you zoom in on the far targets the resolution is awesome!

My Camera is a Canon Vixia Handy Cam. It works pretty well, There are MUCH better ones out there, But they also cost a TON more

big 50 should work
like to try that myself

Bob, I think you would really like this Big .50, It is a HEAVY Rifle. In my Honest opinion it is an Easier Rifle to Shoot (Recoil Wise) than my 1-18 Twist .45 with 530-540 Grain Bullets, My .45 Has a Noticeably Sharper Kick to it. So far, My Shoulder has NEVER been Sore with this Big .50 Cal,
I can’t say that about my 1-18 Twist .45, I have had a Sore Shoulder with it Several times

The above doesn’t make sense? But it’s the Truth. It‘s kinda like this Small Bore .358 of mine, 1-15 Twist with 340 Grain Bullets, 1“ Octagon Barrel, it’s HEAVY, But it also has a SHARP Recoil, it is Harder to Shoot than my 1-18 Twist .45 Cal. With this Small .358 Bore Using my Left hand to Adjust my Rear Rest Bag, I have to pay attention or the Trigger Guard will SMACK my Hand and it HURTS, I have been hit with it MANY times. This Big .50 is Much easier to Shoot, The Recoil is a Push, instead of SHARP

Bob, I think you would really like this Big .50, It is a HEAVY Rifle. In my Honest opinion it is an Easier Rifle to Shoot (Recoil Wise) than my 1-18 Twist .45 with 530-540 Grain Bullets, My .45 Has a Noticeably Sharper Kick to it. So far, My Shoulder has NEVER been Sore with this Big .50 Cal,
I can’t say that about my 1-18 Twist .45, I have had a Sore Shoulder with it Several times

The above doesn’t make sense? But it’s the Truth. It‘s kinda like this Small Bore .358 of mine, 1-15 Twist with 340 Grain Bullets, 1“ Octagon Barrel, it’s HEAVY, But it also has a SHARP Recoil, it is Harder to Shoot than my 1-18 Twist .45 Cal. With this Small .358 Bore Using my Left hand to Adjust my Rear Rest Bag, I have to pay attention or the Trigger Guard will SMACK my Hand and it HURTS, I have been hit with it MANY times. This Big .50 is Much easier to Shoot, The Recoil is a Push, instead of SHARP
that is what I noticed when I had mine , like to have one built in side hammer Gibbs style or Rigby

that is what I noticed when I had mine , like to have one built in side hammer Gibbs style or Rigby

I have 2 of these Rice 4140 Match Grade Barrels now, I can’t speak highly enough of them, They beat everything else i own. I don’t personally know Jason of Rice Barrels? But i have spoken with him over the phone a couple of times, He is as nice a Guy as i have ever spoken with :lewis:

I have 2 of these Rice 4140 Match Grade Barrels now, I can’t speak highly enough of them, They beat everything else i own. I don’t personally know Jason of Rice Barrels? But i have spoken with him over the phone a couple of times, He is as nice a Guy as i have ever spoken with :lewis:
They had a podcast with Jason @ Rice Barrels on the NMLRA website recently. It was a good listen.

Great shooting, Lewis; thank you for sharing your inspirational videos and results!

Thank you my friend, I sure enjoy doing this stuff :lewis: It’s amazing what a BIG chunk of lead being pushed by Real Blackpowder can do

Back