777 loose and bullet combos

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My go-to for most new rifles was always 100-125 grains 777 and a 300 SST/Shockwave. You could start at 90 grains and increase 5 grains at a time till you hit the sweet spot.
My plunger gun must have 80gr T7 behind the 300gr SST's, and they're MOA. I'd love to get more speed, because I just found out the ballistic program prediction of +/-5.3" out to 200yds isn't true. Do you use a plunger system in any of your guns? I'm lucky in that my load happens to be using FFFg, which by the book shows to be more potent than FF.

My plunger gun must have 80gr T7 behind the 300gr SST's, and they're MOA. I'd love to get more speed, because I just found out the ballistic program prediction of +/-5.3" out to 200yds isn't true. Do you use a plunger system in any of your guns? I'm lucky in that my load happens to be using FFFg, which by the book shows to be more potent than FF.

It was 90 FFg Goex in the Thunderhawk for best accuracy. When I got a Black Diamond is when I switched to 777 and was using 120 grains FFg 777. In the Omega I was able to up it to 125 grains.

If it didn't group 1/2" or better I was changing powder charge till it did. All shooting the 300 SST or Shockwave.

Back