8mm bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carcaju99

Reaction score
Howdy folks! I am a newbie here. It is a very welcoming site. I hope I am not imposing if I ask if anyone could give me a lead on some bullets. I am looking for Hornady 8mm 170gr SST model #3233. They fly very well for me in my 8x57. I have shot a few animals with it including a bear at 12 yards on my front porch. (caught him stealing cigarettes). Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Definitely a famine up here in CanuckLand for all things "firearm".

Regards All!
Gary

carcaju99, Welcome

I have about 60-70 Hornady 150 grain Sp Interlock #3232 and 20 or so Sierra #2420 in 220 grains.
Send me a PM if interested. Its all I have.

carcaju99, Welcome

I have about 60-70 Hornady 150 grain Sp Interlock #3232 and 20 or so Sierra #2420 in 220 grains.
Send me a PM if interested. Its all I have.
Thank you for your offer. I have lots of 150's but my shooter really likes the 170 SST. Trolling US gun shops for them. Scarce as a tax refund cheques. Hornady is making a new bullet. The 8mm 180gr ECX. It's designed for European chambers and a variety of twist rates. They are not available in the US. Get this...they are THREE times the price of the SST. Grrr! Ofcourse, they are available here in Canada. Go figgur!

You know where they are at if you change your mind.
I have trolled gun shops all over the US and Canada. Nada! I called Hornady and they said their last run of 8mm SSTs was Nov 2020. They MAY do a run in the fall. UGH! Hence, if those 150s are still offered, I would like to take you up on your offer.
I found 8mm GMXs at $75 per box of 50. Ha Ha. For them to open, I'd need to shoot the moose at 30 yards. Those bullets aren't even listed by Hornady anymore AND they want 3 times what SSTs cost.
The guys I work with are coming up here in a week or so. They live in Colorado. They could hand carry the bullets up here.
My personal email is [email protected] Could I ask you to send me an email and let me know how much you would like for the bullets and your contact info so I can pay you?
Regards,
Gary

Carcaju99, that mine shaft looks aweful small? What do you mine for? Gold? Jems?
That's a legacy shaft from approx 1896. Primary minerals were lead, zinc and silver. We were drilling above this portal. We have 26 contiguous claims with Crown grants. Have a look at www.taranisresources.com both on Google and there's some great drone footage on YouTube.We should be able to get up there next week. I tried to get up there last week but there's still too much snow. We get about 27' per season.
We've been drilling since 2008. We are beginning construction of a Gekko plant (Gekko Systems) this year to run our 10,000 ton bulk sample.

https://www.jjgmining.com/

Last edited:
WOW Carcaju99 that information was exceptional and alot over my head. Sounds like a good company to work for, for a lifetime..thank you for the excellent reading on the future of a low footprint for the mining future.

Back