A .50 Cal Accurate Mold to match my .45

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
I couldn’t let my new Accurate Molds #45-340I Be lonely, I had Tom make me a .50 Cal To Match it :lewis: He drew up #50-415I, And i bought it, Gotta feed my Mold Addiction :D

SpFjQ6Q.jpg

Bad to the Bone looking Bullet :lewis:
WojEkhE.jpg

This Bullet fills a Weight Gap that I didn’t have
5j5Pe72.jpg

Go ahead sir and slip your arms in this nice jacket..I will get the buckles for you. There has to be some sort of 5 step process for bullet mold recovery:roll: Both of those new accurate molds are sure nice!! I like my new one as well:lewis:

taknbHZ.jpg

Hey Lewis, I thought you might have tried a mould made of brass. This mould would have been a good candidate to try them out.

I've got a brass mold from Accurate that cast nice bullets and is priced between their aluminum and steel molds. The biggest complaint I hear about brass is its weight but I don't think my wrist are going to "bulk up" with the amount of bullets I cast. I will say The extra weight does help hold The heat like The steel ones.

The other experience I've had with similar alloy is from long out of business Yankee Specialty Company that copied a lot of the Lyman designs and made molds out of Bronze. Elmer Keith gave them a lot of praise in Sixguns so I picked up a few and thought they performed very well.

Latest posts

Back