A couple new projectiles I'm casting

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flounder

Reaction score
I got a couple new molds. One is for my 54's which I've been wanting and the other is a different design I'm going to try in my 50's.

P1010322_zpsminn5ewm.jpg

The 54 I'm going to name Fatty Patty. She is .540 in diameter and .975 in length. She weighs 551 grains in pure lead.

P1010325_zpsvo3yhhv4.jpg

The other one is Thor Pedo. He is .504 in diameter and is 1.002 in length. 478 grains in pure lead.

P1010326_zpscokzmvn9.jpg

I don't know if I'll get the testing done to hunt with these this year but I'm going to see how they look on paper the first chance I get.

They look nice flounder! Love the names :lol:

I'll be interested to hear how fatty does in particular... looks like a nice one for my .54 MK :mrgreen:

Gosh! Art, those are really some nice looking projectiles. Almost to good looking to shoot! Kinda makes me wish I was into those bullets - I would love to bang them into something.

Speaking of which... would the ones for the 54 stabilize in a 1-48 twist? Mt hunting partner uses a 54 TC Hawken and Power Belts - I sould love it if something like that would work for him!

mike

JBM's twist calculator says 1.3 Green which means yes. That was with 1200fps.

Still seems marginal to me though. Kwk said no and another one said 1-40 at 1400fps.

sabotloader said:
Gosh! Art, those are really some nice looking projectiles. Almost to good looking to shoot! Kinda makes me wish I was into those bullets - I would love to bang them into something.

Speaking of which... would the ones for the 54 stabilize in a 1-48 twist? Mt hunting partner uses a 54 TC Hawken and Power Belts - I sould love it if something like that would work for him!

mike

One way to find out! I will be shooting them out of my white 540 and my 54 caliber Knight mks which are both 1 in 28' twist.

forrest-hunter said:
what molds are you using
Accurate molds. I will be getting another mold or mould soon from Brooks Moulds for my .451s.

flounder said:
sabotloader said:

mike

One way to find out! I will be shooting them out of my white 540 and my 54 caliber Knight mks which are both 1 in 28' twist.

Ya I know they will shoot in a 1-28 - I am wondering if they will in an old -1/48 sidehammer. That is whay I would like to find out.

Like I said before, one way to find out. :p :p Send me your addy and I'll send a few your way.
Art

Back