A few new ideas

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sideshow

Reaction score
So here you are ! Looked for 2yrs. for the Dwb's !!! Hello all !!! I picked up a .410 super 91 at a show for a great deal back then and havent been able to find you till now . Its good to be home !!! Im gonna jump rite in . Anti-seize or grease on a bp is a waste of time , use Permatex thread sealant . A liquid teflon . No comparison !!! Has anybody figured out how to get REAL velocity out of a .410 ? Im talkin blisteriing .....use a winchester shotgun wad as a sabot with a knurled pp bullet !!! Yep , you just found overdrive !!! Im not talkin 195 gr either , white principle weights and lengths . I like a snover nosed , cramer hollow pointed , 330 gr hot rod !!! Oh no its a pull cock action , got that covered too . The only drawback is no fast reloads so shoot real good . I found a bunch of old mag sparks designed small rifle primer conversion nipples at a small gun shop that love a White short bp. No blow back . No expensive conversions needed . 85 gr of Blackhorn by weight and lets GO !!! I dont have a chrony , working on that , so i cant say the fps . All i can say is FLAT , really flat . Your welcome . I do however need some help with a bedding job . What seems to work best on the super 91 with the underlug . Im stainless with a bell and carlson stock that i will also pillar bed . Free floated barrel or full length bedding ? Has anyone tried coated bullets in their whites ? Hope ive helped and thank you in advance for some good direction . Its good to be finally "Home" !!!

Would like to see pictures of the products you mentioned as well as how you seat your bullets. I'm assuming the Permatex sealant allows you to easily remove the breech plug?

By the way, welcome to the DWB family!

Would like to see pictures of the products you mentioned as well as how you seat your bullets. I'm assuming the Permatex sealant allows you to easily remove the breech plug?

By the way, welcome to the DWB family!
Wish i knew how to send pics lol . In time ill figure it out . The permatex sealant never hardens up , dries a little . It is weather proof , fouling proof , nothing reachrs the threads . Tape is a pain . No worries with thicknrss either like tape . Glad to be here . Thanks for the welcome !!!

Wish i knew how to send pics lol . In time ill figure it out . The permatex sealant never hardens up , dries a little . It is weather proof , fouling proof , nothing reachrs the threads . Tape is a pain . No worries with thicknrss either like tape . Glad to be here . Thanks for the welcome !!!
You buy it in a auto parts store . It is the best by far !!!

Sideshow, you do know that BH209 is not recommended in a plunger rifle right? I wouldn't trust the screw to hold that hammer assembly if it decided to come back at you. Just a heads up!!

Yes i know thats a consideration with the super 91 action . I have a knight bk 92 , rebarreled with a pendersoili 209 conversion nipple doing tbe same thing . The knight hammer mounting is stronger . BUT evenn with either rifle this is better than the factory offered 209 kits IMO. . Tbe 700 ml pretty well relies on a screw and its a popular conversion for sml's . The bare primers , #11 or otberwise are prrojectiles when loads get hot no matter what powder isused .

Yes i know thats a consideration with the super 91 action . I have a knight bk 92 , rebarreled with a pendersoili 209 conversion nipple doing tbe same thing . The knight hammer mounting is stronger . BUT evenn with either rifle this is better than the factory offered 209 kits IMO. . Tbe 700 ml pretty well relies on a screw and its a popular conversion for sml's . The bare primers , #11 or otberwise are prrojectiles when loads get hot no matter what powder isused .
Doc said he duplexed with 3f and blackhorn using #11 caps so i tried it too . All i could think was there must be a better way . I believe i found it . The duplex still has merit as it Really gets the blackhorn talkin.

Doc said he duplexed with 3f and blackhorn using #11 caps so i tried it too . All i could think was there must be a better way . I believe i found it . The duplex still has merit as it Really gets the blackhorn talkin.

My powder packing tool compresses the charge to 75 lbs as well .
In my reading of Doc's site he speaks of what the future of muzzleloading will come to look like . The bits and pieces of development COMBINED with the old and proven ways he gave /passed on to us . His varminter was but a glimpse into that realm . I thought long and hard on the prophetic elegance of all he has shared . I wish i could sit and talk with him about such things around a campfire or shop . Truly a great man . I believe he'd approve of my discoveries. Small as they are . He inspired me to think and apply these things.

I just saw that !!! Thank you !!!!!!! Do you know the answer to my bedding qurstion or should i save it for when i can call "THE MAN" ..... i figured its still ok for us to share , he'd like that i think . Please dont get me wrong . I love the slip fits of the 400-410 gr loads too . Tbe 410 is overlooked i think by many . Just how big a bullet will it stabilize anyway ? Im far from done . The "Paramount" is NOT out of reach......

Not sure but ask Doc he’d be glad to answer any questions. I hunted with Doc twice on a Russian Boar hunt on a preserve in Michigan that bordered Ted Nugents property. Doc is great to talk to and has a wealth of knowledge

Not sure but ask Doc he’d be glad to answer any questions. I hunted with Doc twice on a Russian Boar hunt on a preserve in Michigan that bordered Ted Nugents property. Doc is great to talk to and has a wealth of knowledge
I will ask him . Sorry im getting all technical but thats kinda who i am . Im so excited to be here you wouldnt believe it !!! I read all of the DWB posts i could find here and ive learned much already . Thank you all for this , truly . I dont mean to bash the paramount by the way , its kinda a refinded thunderbolt actually . The cooper too. Our Whites begat all this . Just as Doc intended .

The hammer never moves once it falls . The conversion nipple contains the back blast . Its a beautiful thing !!!

Me too on the small rifle primer conversion. Welcome and im also shooting 330 HPs (Gould)
Sorry im slow getting back . Was getting ready to head to northern Michigan( Kalkaska) with my friend . Do you use a mag-spark nipple too ? How deep is your hollow point on those Gould designs ? Composition ? Was at my buddies new cabin . Boy there are no deer to speak of around there !!! Good for ATV and thats about it !!!

Latest posts

Back