A few new ideas

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry im slow getting back . Was getting ready to head to northern Michigan( Kalkaska) with my friend . Do you use a mag-spark nipple too ? How deep is your hollow point on those Gould designs ? Composition ? Was at my buddies new cabin . Boy there are no deer to speak of around there !!! Good for ATV and thats about it !!!
Im using fed 209a in my Knight disc 45 on 80grv BH209 in a bare primer bp. Im seeing tons of deer down here. Can't wait to shoot one with the gould. I haven't measured the hp but i will tonight

Im using fed 209a in my Knight disc 45 on 80grv BH209 in a bare primer bp. Im seeing tons of deer down here. Can't wait to shoot one with the gould. I haven't measured the hp but i will tonight
Where are you located ? I live in s.e. michigan but went north to help my friend out. I doubt ill hunt there !!! Its pretty pathetic around his place !!! Used to hunt Hillsdale but the poaching is enormous and has affected deer behaviour big time . Am thinking Alpena area this year .My hp is 1/2 in deep and star shaped like a phillips screwdriver tip but all the way down, .150 at opening . The mag-spark doesnt allow gas to blow the hammer back either . Sadly the small rifle version is no longer made , only a 209 job which is like the pendersoli nipple on my knight . The winchester skeet/trap shotgun wad is made like a sabot . I trim the petals with a nail clipper to the length i need . They are .012 thick . My bullet is .388 dia. and hand swedged and hand knurled so it wont spin in the sabot . Its under moa accurate . I realize this sounds like mad science but boy does it work !!! One thing ive noticed in life is there isnt much thinking going on inside a box(casket) . It may not be for everybody but i enjoy pushing the envelope a little !!!

Where are you located ? I live in s.e. michigan but went north to help my friend out. I doubt ill hunt there !!! Its pretty pathetic around his place !!! Used to hunt Hillsdale but the poaching is enormous and has affected deer behaviour big time . Am thinking Alpena area this year .My hp is 1/2 in deep and star shaped like a phillips screwdriver tip but all the way down, .150 at opening . The mag-spark doesnt allow gas to blow the hammer back either . Sadly the small rifle version is no longer made , only a 209 job which is like the pendersoli nipple on my knight . The winchester skeet/trap shotgun wad is made like a sabot . I trim the petals with a nail clipper to the length i need . They are .012 thick . My bullet is .388 dia. and hand swedged and hand knurled so it wont spin in the sabot . Its under moa accurate . I realize this sounds like mad science but boy does it work !!! One thing ive noticed in life is there isnt much thinking going on inside a box(casket) . It may not be for everybody but i enjoy pushing the envelope a little !!!
This is why my 410 can shoot with the paramount. Im pretty proud of that !!!

I just might give the permatex a try. I have been using teflon grease on my BP threads with no problems, but always open for a new better idea.

My bottle says #80632 but looks like same stuff . Bottle has a brush and is much more durable....ask me how i know THAT , LOL !!!
4 Fl oz is the size i now have . Its a little messy too when on fingers . Myself i prefer the permatex over the moly . I can feel the grittyness of the moly and the seal isnt as good IMO on the threads .

I used to get assembly moly for motorcycle applications. The stuff stays on like glue. Total PITA to even wash off your hands. Over 700F temp rating. Never had anything seize using it. Choke tubes come out like nothing after years.

I used to get assembly moly for motorcycle applications. The stuff stays on like glue. Over 700F temp rating. Never had anything seize using it. Choke tubes come out like nothing after years.
Ive used moly for years in performance car , bike , hydroplanes, pulling tractors, etc. . Very familiar . Sounds like you have had good luck with it. I honestly couldnt tell you the permatex temp rating . I do know its alot more than a gun will ever see !!! I also use it on choke tubes also. Barrels to recievers as well . On my conversion nipples its there . I merely like it better . PotAto -potahto i guess....

Ive used moly for years in performance car , bike , hydroplanes, pulling tractors, etc. . Very familiar . Sounds like you have had good luck with it. I honestly couldnt tell you the permatex temp rating . I do know its alot more than a gun will ever see !!! I also use it on choke tubes also. Barrels to recievers as well . On my conversion nipples its there . I merely like it better . PotAto -potahto i guess....
Guys what method of bedding works best on a Super 91 w underlug ? Barrel free floated or full length ? The underlug is what is messing with me on what to do . Any help ??? Or should i just call Doc ???

Guys what method of bedding works best on a Super 91 w underlug ? Barrel free floated or full length ? The underlug is what is messing with me on what to do . Any help ??? Or should i just call Doc ???
I used acraglas for bedding mine an had a gunsmith do one with the same product.

I prefer full length bedding. Ramrod messes with free float barrel, IMO.
Like your thinking !!! I usually remove it when i sit because it does make a difference . Ive always hated that part when stalking accuracy being affected . My thoughts are it would be much stiffer too , even helping the underlug . Thank you for takeing the time fishhawk 2700 .

If that stuff is like anti seize, no thanks! I tried that what a PIA!! I like the grease much better and it works for me!
Actually it IS quite sticky putting it on , BUT it also dries up nicely and youll Never get Any Fouling into tbe threads. Hence no corrosion Ever . Anti sieze is indeed garbage .

Latest posts

Back