A little humor

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Again, sorry about the photos. They do not do the bike justice at all. Actually, I had lost all my photos of this bike somehow. I was lucky that one of my sisters had these.
Don't worry about that, that's what all of my family photo albums look like. Seriously, sometimes I have dreams in which scenes of my youth are in those kept-in-the-fridge-two-years-before-processing Kodak 110 cartridge film print hues. Even my early teen years involved a few "4 and Done" flash cubes.

As for your sled, it was obviously not an easy farewell. I like the Zeus motif, particularly. I'm glad to see you chose the Z-bars, for which you have my respect. Too many others would have gone over the edge with ape hangers & tassles!

They made a 450 rebel for 1 or 2 years. Wish i could find one. But if you miss gettin a face full of bugs just bust that w/s outta yer truck and head up and down some dirt roads! Wear some safety glasses and you will have a blast! Im not gonna comment on how much fun you'll have if you do it at night with the lights off...
If it comes down that, there's always a lot of used dirt bikes cheap on Craigslist & Facebook Marketplace around here, and plenty of "F-Level Maintenance" roads around me. I'm sure one of my farmer friends would let me keep one in a corner in his barn. My wife would probably feel better about that than pulling the windshield out of the truck...

Whats more revealing about this is giving instruction is a very difficult thing to do. One has to be very precise and explain all possible misconceptions. Definitions need to be addressed as well as the person receiving the instruction needs to be able to ask questions. I have commented from time to time that a few members here have a gift for giving information. I dont have it so I'm not tooting my horn. It is a rare quality.

What isn't funny, at least to us right now, is this LOW humidity and dew point. Inside is dry with less than 25% too.
Time to turn on the whole house humidifier.

1111111.JPG

Here's a joke my brother-in-law sent me.

Jane and Arlene are outside their nursing home, having a drink and a smoke when it starts to rain. Jane pulls out a condom, cuts off the end, puts it over her cigarette, and continues smoking.

Arlene : What in the hell is that?

Jane: A condom. This way my cigarette doesn't get wet.

Arlene : Where did you get it?

Jane: You can get them at any drugstore.

The next day, Arlene hobbles herself into the local drugstore and announces to the pharmacist that she
wants a box of condoms.

The pharmacist, obviously embarrassed, looks at her kind of strangely (she is after all, over 80 years of age), but very delicately asks what brand of condom she prefers.

'Doesn't matter Sonny, as long as it fits on a Camel.'

The pharmacist fainted.

Maybe autonomous vehicles will make riding safer. A computer program cant do any worse than the nut with his/her eyes on a fone and a cheeseburger in the other hand. driving with their knees.
I too will give up my cruiser for something a bit lighter and just do more shorter rides.
View attachment 8543
KIMG0558.jpeg
Saw this guy at a gas station in PA

Latest posts

Back