A little something for the grilll

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTom

Reaction score
Fresh brats. No cure. No smoking. Ground fresh and stuffed. These will be vacuum sealed in bags of 4 and frozen by noon today except for three or four for our dinner tonight. Straight pork went into these.

flnP6hl.jpg

Lookin good there Tom. I can almost smell those cooking. That gives me an idea for supper, thanks for sharing.

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

I was trying to hold off for another hour before I made myself brunch, not going to happen now I'm hungry. Look great.

secret family recipe or packaged from Mountain Home or other company? Always loved to travel to Wisconsin and Minnesota and discovered Brats way too late... missed out on a lot of good eating.. Looks good...now, I am hungry too>

TheMoose

themoose said:
secret family recipe or packaged from Mountain Home or other company? Always loved to travel to Wisconsin and Minnesota and discovered Brats way too late... missed out on a lot of good eating.. Looks good...now, I am hungry too>

TheMoose

Yep. Packaged seasonings Moose. Backwoods spices that came with a piece of LEM equipment I bought a year ago....right after I stuffed up 50 pounds of course. Pork butts have been on sale here lately at $.99/lb so I have filled the meat freezer fairly full of them and use then to make all my goodies. I need a break though, and will probably hold of on any other treat meats until early fall now. Between the brats shown here and about forty packages of 2 kinds of hot dogs I really an not short on grill food.

I have a package of brats set aside for dinner either tonight or tomorrow, then I am making a pot of Jambalaya. Been hungry for some Cajun food.

When pork butts went down here in the past, I hooked up my grinder and made country sausage... often times 100# or so..used Witt's #10... wife is ill now and can't have salt, so sausage is on the bad to eat list.......it's nice to make your own... I don't do brats, but beside the sausage I make a lot of deer summer sausage... add extra fresh jalapeno's, jalapeno cheese, cayenne, red and crushed red peppers.... make a batch of about 33# and it goes fast, of course most is given away to family

Idaholewis said:
They sure look good MrTom!!

I'm sure they are and can affirm that tonight....as last night was spent in the er with Ma. She decided to go into a-fib, which she does occasionally without any issues, and then got hit with tachycardia on top of it so off to the docs. She came home after they got things settled down but it was too late to fire the grill so tonight....

MrTom said:
Idaholewis said:
They sure look good MrTom!!

I'm sure they are and can affirm that tonight....as last night was spent in the er with Ma. She decided to go into a-fib, which she does occasionally without any issues, and then got hit with tachycardia on top of it so off to the docs. She came home after they got things settled down but it was too late to fire the grill so tonight....

MrTom, Hope all is well!!

Oh, ya. We're good. Thanks. She's up beating around the house like nothing happened.

Both of her sons have a-fib issues as does she. I have had it for years and dealt with it without any problems other than a TIA [mini stroke] episode a year or so ago. Not sure on the kids but both her and I are medicated for the a-fib using beta-blockers. I was put on Xarelto [blood thinner] as stroke maintenance and now we are fairly certain she'll have to go on something for blood thinning after this little glitch with her a-fib.

My first go-round with a-fib was combined with tachycardia that had me humming like a race car. Bleeding in the eyes and nose and mouth, sustained heart rate over 160 bpm. I did three days in the hospital trying to get things to settle down. I haven't had the tachycardia since but a-fib is nothing new with me.....I just scale back on activities that might be a hair too strenuous. Two snow storms ago I blew the snow during an a-fib episode but I took things very slow. I've mowed the lawn during one too.

She's pretty new to having the episodes so she gets nervous when one happens along and more than anything she just needs to learn to relax. We both have done the heart studies and both of us have strong heart and no disease in either. The a-fib is just an inconvenience but she tends to get all worked up so my job is to get her to settle down. The tachycardia in her this last time is new and that changes everything so I got her to the doc and er. Even in a healthy heart tachycardia is nothing to mess with. She's got a couple more appointments now to see what can be done to address any future episodes of tachycardia should any come on. Blood thinners for certain for her now and she ain't likin that idea at all.

Latest posts

Back