A nice doe.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’ve been hunting deer since the first of October. Could have shot a couple does during archery season but didn’t. Early muzzleloader and rifle season, which is bucks only, didn’t go well so it’s down to the late muzzleloader season.
We got a little snow today so I went out and did a bit of still hunting along my favorite ridge. Killed this 129 lb doe mid afternoon at 50ish yards when I saw them feeding ahead of me.
Still have a few days left to catch up to a buck.
4A5D7685-8A9D-48D8-A7FD-76BB979250EB.jpeg

Dandy table fare in that girl. Nice work. I love that still hunting early, light snow. Envious.

Way to go! Being able to stalk one like that sounds really special. Just about all our cover where I hunt in TN is too thick to do that well, at least for me anyway.

Nice fat meat doe! Congrats!
What gun/ load did you use?
I have a bunch of inlines but that’s a Traditions Pursuit XLT. Easily my favorite walking around gun. I was shooting 80 grains of BL209 by volume, a 250 grain T/C Shockwave in a black Crush Rib sabot with a CCI 209M primer. I know that’s a bullet that doesn’t have many fans here but it’s always worked great for me.

I do love to hunt in the snow as well. Congrats on a succesful hunt.

She’s a Dandy! Congrats on your kill.

Latest posts

Back