A piece of extra wood

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENCORE50A

Long Range Shooter
Supporting member
Reaction score
My small loading blocks for holding my Lane's tubes just weren't getting it.
It wasn't too cold in the outer garage and I wasn't starting a fire for just an hour. Found a piece of lumber in the corner, so out came the tape and straight edge. Marked it and pulled out the cordless drill.
This'll work better.

IMG_1891.JPG

It wasn't too cold in the outer garage and I wasn't starting a fire for just an hour. Found a piece of lumber in the corner, so out came the tape and straight edge. Marked it and pulled out the cordless drill.
This'll work better.

View attachment 7674
Probably should put a bottom on it though . I can see tbe table top through the unused holes on the left front . Wouldnt want anybody to call youre baby's pics ugly......:eek: Lol !!!

Nice! Your gonna like it. I made one similar a few years ago and it works good. One word of caution tho is as the temps/humidity changes that wood will swell a bit and hold those tubes possibly to tight. I had to go back and use the next size up drill bit to solve the issue.

This'll work better.

View attachment 7674
Very nice work for using a hand drill! Better than I could have done on the mill!

Nice! Your gonna like it. I made one similar a few years ago and it works good. One word of caution tho is as the temps/humidity changes that wood will swell a bit and hold those tubes possibly to tight. I had to go back and use the next size up drill bit to solve the issue.

:cool: Ha! That's exactly why I used a 3/4" Forstner bit. ;)

Very nice work for using a hand drill! Better than I could have done on the mill!

Thank you. I will say it was a lot of drilling. I actually drilled a small pilot hole completely through first, then on the bottom used the Forstner bit to about 1/2 way through. Then finished each hole from the top. Did it that way in hopes of not splintering either side and it worked out.

George, you have way to much time on your hands. Can't the wife find anything for you to do.

I'll likely have to vacuum the house today. Maybe for the next 6mo now that I ordered another trigger ;)

Nicely done! But for those of us busy vacuuming and scrubbing floors, Stalwart loading blocks are a great option. They can be purchased on Ebay or website. They are affordable and well made.

Attachments

• 20161223_193337.jpg
    20161223_193337.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 14

Latest posts

Back