A quiet morning out

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks serene.
But this pic reminds me of a time my cousin and I were out on the river in my 16' jon boat and we were having a blast catching smallmouth. It started getting dark and then the sky opened up. I mean it was a total downpour. I could barely see my cousin in the front of the boat. He said "do you think we should pull into shore?" That's when I took a line out of the movie Caddyshack when Bill Murry was caddying for the Rabbi and said "no - I don't think the heavy stuff is going to come down for quite a while yet!" We laughed and stayed out until it stopped then went to shore and bailed most of the water out.
We still laugh about that day. Memories in the outdoors are the best.

Thank you all. It was a slow day, maybe a half dozen LM bass. All C&R.

It’s a 2008 Hobie Revolution 13. I’ve used it in fresh and salt water. Its the one on the right

Attachments

• 17614A8F-54C1-453F-9E86-E0EC6C75918E.jpeg
    17614A8F-54C1-453F-9E86-E0EC6C75918E.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nice rig, I was fishing in lake Onalaska in Wisconsin, I won’t go without a rod holder. Tried using hook and bobber while working a Ned Rig bobber went under. Set down other pole and in it went fish or snag I’ll never know.

I would carry my pistol for the snakes that want to hitch a ride...
Never had an issue with snakes, the ones with and without legs.

The only times I have trouble are in the waters where there are motorboats. Sometimes kids think it’s funny to try and swamp me, but I always have a waterproof camera ready, and I’m rarely alone. I’ll pack then. Mostly it’s a non issue.

Latest posts

Back