About Ready

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not finished yet, it has Rice barrel , 18 twist, .45 . It will be used as target rifle for Mid and Long range. Has sealed ignition for #11 cap, no nipple. Baldwin front and rear sight. It is called an Allen Under Hammer action. easy to find if you Google it up.

Last edited:
Sealed ignition #11 cap without nipple? Hows that like? Is it like the screw on musket cap for a side lock?
DL

Sealed ignition #11 cap without nipple? Hows that like? Is it like the screw on musket cap for a side lock?
DL
[/Q close but better , can also be used with small pistol or rifle primer, bench shooters at Friendship use them, not much use for hunting

What size is the barrel, and what size action is it, I love it that is my next build.

they make two sizes , but i can't remember, barrel 1inch and 16th

what is really nice is a billinghurst action , but it is in kit form so someone has to put action together, you can change barrels on some they are pinned like the slug bench guns

Yes there are two sizes as I contacted doug a couple of weeks ago if he had the action. Did rice do that 1and16, for he was going to make me a 1 inch 4014 45 fast twist for my interchangeable build ,I did not think he went over inch in size. Got a book on these underhammer rifles and I think they hold the record for string group at 200.

Also Bob I see that the trigger has a screw in front of it ,is that a pull adjustment?

Also Bob I see that the trigger has a screw in front of it ,is that a pull adjustment?
yes , some don't have that

Yes there are two sizes as I contacted doug a couple of weeks ago if he had the action. Did rice do that 1and16, for he was going to make me a 1 inch 4014 45 fast twist for my interchangeable build ,I did not think he went over inch in size. Got a book on these underhammer rifles and I think they hold the record for string group at 200.
it is 18 twist and he will do barrel diameter but don't know the sizes

45 70 I have looked in the catalog of Pecatonica and Oregon supply people and did not see any with a trigger adjustable on them ,where does one find one with it?

45 70 I have looked in the catalog of Pecatonica and Oregon supply people and did not see any with a trigger adjustable on them ,where does one find one with it?
There is fellow by name of Fred Lott bench shooter and gun builder . he does them

45-70, please don't post any pictures after you've finished & rubbed that stock. There's enough dried drool down between the keys of my computer keyboard already. That grain is just going to pop out and drill holes in my soul.
Thanks it is exceptional and I'm hoping the same thing you are and will probably have action case colored

Back