Accessory Advice

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rugerbh103

Reaction score
I was getting stuff prepared today for Virginia's September anterless season. I realized my powder flask and measure are done. Both are plastic T/C products I bought in the mid 90's and lasted way longer than I expected. Anyone have recommendations for quality replacements? I was looking at Ted Cash stuff, is it good? Hopefully this doesn't come across wrong, I've gotten to the point where I don't mind paying more for good gear. Thanks for any input.

All ready for the does. The two kids and my loads all ready to go.
20220728_133521.jpg

I still use the TC products, as long as they work I'd stay with them. No experience with Ted Cash, but look good. I use CVA cappers and speed loaders, not as good as TC though.
I can't recommend anything traditions, just not quality products I have found.
Just put a big doe in the freezer today from processor on kill permit.
I prefer them to buck's especially during the rut.
Good luck hunting!!

Thanks. I'd keep using them if they weren't broken. Treso has a nice looking flask, but I've never handled it.

Used to know a guy with the kill permits. It was fun, but I don't know anyone now.

I got in on the farm I hunt by killing squirrels that were eating the wiring on the land owners vehicles. He doesn't hunt... They were having deer damage on corn/soybeans and asked me if I was interested in them getting a kill permit.. Well yeah! I hate hunting this time of year due to the heat an humidity which bothers me more now that I'm 70. I wait till the temps are down and humidity is under 60 %. I told them I would not kill a doe with little ones. Usually take 2-3 myself July-Sept. There are others on the permit, but I haven't seen them in several years of hunting there. I also hunt there during the Nov.-Dec. seasons, muzzleloader-rifle.
I bet if you asked around most big farms will most likely have a kill permit and would be happy to include you and family. Also finding a local processor that will take deer this time of year is a problem. I'm lucky to have one that vacuum packs the venison!

Back