Accura V2 Best CA Setup

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steven858

Reaction score
I am new to the ML scene. I am hoping to get some input on what your best CA legal setups are specifically for the Accura v2 if possible. Also interested in favorite hunting spots near San Diego.
Thank you!

My Accura V2 loved the 250gr Barns TEZ bullets with the Blue high pressure sabots & 100gr to 110gr of BH209. 3/4" to 1.25" all day long. But it's true sweet spot was 110gr by volume.

110 grains of BlackHorn 209 powder by volume, 250 grain Barnes TEZ bullet in a Harvester smooth black sabot, Federal 209A or CCI209M primer.

You need to use a Western or CVA breech plug for loose powder, not the factory supplied breech plug.

Mine likes 77 grains by weight of 209 powder [110 grains by volume], the 250 Barnes Xpander and accompanying sabot lit with a W209 Winchester [blue box] primer. Easily 1" or less at 100 yards.

Thank you all for your suggestions! I will be experimenting with recommended bullets and it seems like BH209 is a no brainer at this point.
Steve

Latest posts

Back