ACCURACY = Dont move

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr Tom you think if you had yelled bang real loud a millisecond before that man touched that first round off he would have jumped?

Mr Tom you think if you had yelled bang real loud a millisecond before that man touched that first round off he would have jumped?

No.....he did it all on his own. I'm guessing he'd been on the bench before with the gun and his loads.

I'm not that guy but do have a #1 in 375 Weatherby. Only gun I've ever put a brake on and it needed it! Recently bought a CVA SS in 35 Whelen and it came with a screw on brake. I prefer the recoil over the decibel level it generates even with ear protection. Don't shoot from under a Pine tree loaded with snow, lesson learned LOL My only flinching problem I'm aware of is with my Blackhawk 5.5" 41 mag with full power loads. Hogue grips on the way....Trader

It would seem to me that peep sight shooting with a muzzleloader ,given the somewhat slower recoil signature,would make many scope shooters better at follow thru,are there any here that split there shooting time between two different rifle styles? It seems like most of us are either fanatics about one of the two,, just curious if you took a very accurate peep sight rifle like Lewis shoots and you sit down and shot a custom smokeless right after with a scope like encores,, follow thru might have to adjust slightly,, that's the type of sensitivity I'm trying to develop that's why I often go from blackhorn to smokeless to shooting a 300 blackout with sub loads, all in the same shooting session,, I have to admit sometimes it takes shooting a group and a little bit of mental discipline to adjust,,,,,, my muzzleloader collection has evolved into different weights, different barrel tapers almost every gun I have to physically address differently,,,,, when shooting under a tree with snow and the muzzle brake you need to make a video ...

Latest posts

Back