Add on for the Tennessee rifle

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully this weekend, unless the Mrs. Has other plans for me.
My goal is to get sighted in good with the patched ball first. Then I'll mess around with the PA conicals.

Unusual Tenn rifle. Short, caplock, and wedges. Who makes it? With that aside, I bet it's handy in the timber and better than the normal long barrel.

The sling is good. I bought one for a GPR and liked it.

I first saw a picture of the rifle draped across a fine Virginia 8 pointer somewhere online about 3 years ago.
Needless to say that I wanted one ever since.
It's a Traditions, no longer in production. 24 inch barrel. Very light weight, probably 6 pounds.
1/66 twist barrel.
I have two other rifles, a deerhunter and an older Traditions Buckskinner carbine. The carbine pretty much sits in the safe and I've toyed with the idea of selling it.
The Tennessee rifle will be my main hunting rifle for the upcoming deer season.

I first saw a picture of the rifle draped across a fine Virginia 8 pointer somewhere online about 3 years ago.
Needless to say that I wanted one ever since.
It's a Traditions, no longer in production. 24 inch barrel. Very light weight, probably 6 pounds.
1/66 twist barrel.
I have two other rifles, a deerhunter and an older Traditions Buckskinner carbine. The carbine pretty much sits in the safe and I've toyed with the idea of selling it.
The Tennessee rifle will be my main hunting rifle for the upcoming deer season.

Did you get to shoot yesterday?

No, actually I decided to go Turkey hunting. Our season ends here coming up on Wednesday, so I decided to give it one more go.
Haven't heard any gobblers the last few times out, I guess the "rut" is over around here.
Maybe I can get a few shots off this afternoon. If it's ok with the Mrs., Lol

No, actually I decided to go Turkey hunting. Our season ends here coming up on Wednesday, so I decided to give it one more go.
Haven't heard any gobblers the last few times out, I guess the "rut" is over around here.
Maybe I can get a few shots off this afternoon. If it's ok with the Mrs., Lol

Too bad about the turkey hunting.

Would it be possible to post a pic of the left side of the Tennessee Carbine? What is the length of pull of your rifle?

I might have found one used online in pretty good condition. Do you know what the suggested retail price was for these rifles new?

Thanks

Bought a nice lace on sling from October Country. View attachment 8783

Deermanok

Are you shooting the Tennessee rifle?

Have you shot the Hornady Pennsylvania Conicals yet?

Please start shooting it more as my surrogate rifleman!!!!!

Since my shoulders are screwed up, you need to shoot this 6 pound, .50 caliber, 1:66" twist, patched ball hunting rifle so I can follow along in my fantasy, dream-a-long, wish I was there with you world.

Deermanok

Are you shooting the Tennessee rifle?

Have you shot the Hornady Pennsylvania Conicals yet?

Please start shooting it more as my surrogate rifleman!!!!!

Since my shoulders are screwed up, you need to shoot this 6 pound, .50 caliber, 1:66" twist, patched ball hunting rifle so I can follow along in my fantasy, dream-a-long, wish I was there with you world.
I had the Tennessee out a few weeks ago. It was shooting to the right about 6 inches. Elevation is perfect. I had to beat the rear sight over to the left about 3/16 of an inch. She is dead on at 50 yards. Haven't tried the PA conicals yet but I do have some.
It's truly my favorite rifle.

Bruce, here's one of the gems I have discovered. Public shooting range in one of the local WNBA's
25 to 200 yards. They even have pistol and skeet.

Attachments

• 20200525_113504.jpg
    20200525_113504.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 4

Latest posts

Back