Airguns! What are you shootin?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an Air Arms TX200 springer. Mine is wearing a 6-24x50 Vortex Diamondback Tac FFP.

Iey2x6N.jpg

I have had this rifle for 3 years. I have put about 7500 rounds through it. I use this rifle to kill Rock Chucks on farms close to town.

eZi7nRg.jpg

MpFdaVu.jpg

XGZpJPG.jpg

I shot this chuck last year. It was big, 13 pounds but what made this check special was it was number 600 for the year.

ZKp6P5j.jpg

My longest confirmed kill as on a baby chuck at 130 yards.

What caliber is the Air Arms TX 200?

All this talk about air guns makes me want one more than ever.

I spent a couple thousand hours from 10-16 years old shooting a Crossman Mark 1, single-shot, .22 caliber, CO2 pellet pistol.

Looked like a big Luger. Had the grip angle of, and weighed nearly as much as a 1911.

When I got to AIT at Ft. Sam Houston, in San Antonio, TX in 1976, I immediately shot EXPERT when qualifying with the 1911 as a medic. Since medics aren't supposed to be good shots, especially with the 1911, they made me shoot the course a second time, with a higher result. Then, shoot up all the spare ammo.

This set the course for all 3 years I served. EVERY SINGLE TIME I WENT OUT TO QUALIFY, I had to shoot the course twice. One captain made me do it three times. Two officers told me I must be cheating, even though they were in charge, and had everything rigged for me to fail.

In 3 years I qualified 5 times.

Because of the way my unit was set up. Sending medics out to cover every non-combat arms unit on Ft. Lewis.

And, because I was a STRACK smart ass with a perfect uniform, and spit shined boots that shined like mirrors.

And, because of the previous 2 items I had a base wide reputation within the senior enlisted and officer corps that made them try to trip me up every chance they got.

And I owed all of that great marksmanship to the writings of Elmer Keith, Col. Townsend Whelan, Col. Jeff Cooper, and other's whose books I had collected.

With about 25 rounds of .22 ammo shot out of several different pistols belonging to adult friends of my family. With 2 rounds of .38 Special out of a LEO's snub-nosed revolver. And, with about 75-100 rounds through a .44 caliber, reproduction, Colt 1860 Army percussion revolver.

That was my grand total of handgun shooting, except for the Mark 1, prior to the military.

I was completely self taught by those writers, utilizing the Weaver stance; and I owe most of my success to that Mark 1 .22 caliber pellet pistol.

Little did I know that all those hours spent shooting at bottles, cans, rocks, clods of dirt, birds, squirrels, etc. would end up making me a far better shot with a handgun, than with either a rifle or a shotgun. Both of which I owned by age 16.

So now I have really got the bug to get an airgun. Are the PCP air pistols just weak sisters to the rifles, or do they have merit for hunting?

What caliber is the Air Arms TX 200?

All this talk about air guns makes me want one more than ever.

I spent a couple thousand hours from 10-16 years old shooting a Crossman Mark 1, single-shot, .22 caliber, CO2 pellet pistol.

Looked like a big Luger. Had the grip angle of, and weighed nearly as much as a 1911.

When I got to AIT at Ft. Sam Houston, in San Antonio, TX in 1976, I immediately shot EXPERT when qualifying with the 1911 as a medic. Since medics aren't supposed to be good shots, especially with the 1911, they made me shoot the course a second time, with a higher result. Then, shoot up all the spare ammo.

This set the course for all 3 years I served. EVERY SINGLE TIME I WENT OUT TO QUALIFY, I had to shoot the course twice. One captain made me do it three times. Two officers told me I must be cheating, even though they were in charge, and had everything rigged for me to fail.

In 3 years I qualified 5 times.

Because of the way my unit was set up. Sending medics out to cover every non-combat arms unit on Ft. Lewis.

And, because I was a STRACK smart ass with a perfect uniform, and spit shined boots that shined like mirrors.

And, because of the previous 2 items I had a base wide reputation within the senior enlisted and officer corps that made them try to trip me up every chance they got.

And I owed all of that great marksmanship to the writings of Elmer Keith, Col. Townsend Whelan, Col. Jeff Cooper, and other's whose books I had collected.

With about 25 rounds of .22 ammo shot out of several different pistols belonging to adult friends of my family. With 2 rounds of .38 Special out of a LEO's snub-nosed revolver. And, with about 75-100 rounds through a .44 caliber, reproduction, Colt 1860 Army percussion revolver.

That was my grand total of handgun shooting, except for the Mark 1, prior to the military.

I was completely self taught by those writers, utilizing the Weaver stance; and I owe most of my success to that Mark 1 .22 caliber pellet pistol.

Little did I know that all those hours spent shooting at bottles, cans, rocks, clods of dirt, birds, squirrels, etc. would end up making me a far better shot with a handgun, than with either a rifle or a shotgun. Both of which I owned by age 16.

So now I have really got the bug to get an airgun. Are the PCP air pistols just weak sisters to the rifles, or do they have merit for hunting?
they can and do kill almost anything you've ever hunted.
this guy hunts pigs in TX.

I have an Air Arms TX200 springer. Mine is wearing a 6-24x50 Vortex Diamondback Tac FFP.

Iey2x6N.jpg

I have had this rifle for 3 years. I have put about 7500 rounds through it. I use this rifle to kill Rock Chucks on farms close to town.

eZi7nRg.jpg

MpFdaVu.jpg

XGZpJPG.jpg

I shot this chuck last year. It was big, 13 pounds but what made this check special was it was number 600 for the year.

ZKp6P5j.jpg

Wow, that's a really nice air rifle, must be a lot of fun to shoot.

Dam brother !!! Suddenly i dont mind this northern snow at all !!!!!!!!!! Yikes !!!
It's a whole different world here in Oklahoma from what I knew living in New England. Rarely saw a snake back there and if you did it was usually one of those little garter snakes. Oh yeah, and we got these little lizards running around here too.

BEEMAN R-9 .22
BSA LIGHTNING XL .22
BSA LIGHTNING GRT .22
COMETA FENIX 400 .22
COMETA FUSION .22
RWS 54 .177
RWS48 .177
RWS 48 .22
RWS .48 .22
TURKISH TOMAHAWK .22
BENJAMIN DISCOVERY .22
CROSMAN 140 .22

Shoot them all when I have time, BSA LIGHTNING XL .22 is my favorite.

Wow, that's a really nice air rifle, must be a lot of fun to shoot.

I bought a couple of crap guns. One was a Benjamin trail np2. A Winchester 1100. And a Hatsan 125TH.
I had enough bad luck with them all to make the decision to get a quality rifle.
The others broke down after a few hundred rounds.
The TX200 is over 7500 rounds and counting.

I had no idea these things were this popular !!! I am just blown away to learn this......
Just WOW........

It's a whole different world here in Oklahoma from what I knew living in New England. Rarely saw a snake back there and if you did it was usually one of those little garter snakes. Oh yeah, and we got these little lizards running around here too.
Had a friend move to Arkansas 25yrs ago . I drove a huge box truck down with all her stuff . She moved in temp. with a girlfriend that lived in the country on 10 acres with a big pond . After unloading the truck myself i headed toward that pond hot and tired in August . All the grass was cut shorter than hell . The girlfriend stopped me hollering her head off running before i could jump in 20 yds ahead . She threw a fallen branch in there from a nearby tree and well over 50 Big Snakes , water moccasins and rattlers and copperheads from the banks and even the depths attacked it . An Army of guys with semi auto shotguns couldnta shot them all . Ya All can Have the South !!! :thumb:

Good Luck with that BB gun ........

Last edited:
Is the Benjamin Marauder as good as the write ups I read about it 5-6 years ago?

The .25 caliber models got exellent reviews.

I was leaning towards buying one, but never did.
i got one in .22 cal and its fantastic. absolutely silent, doesnt wreck scopes, and will kill anything in your backyard. downside is the hand pump sucks

Iey2x6N.jpg

eZi7nRg.jpg

MpFdaVu.jpg

XGZpJPG.jpg

ZKp6P5j.jpg

nice work. the brits know how to make an airgun ... mainly cause its all theyve got now

BEEMAN R-9 .22
BSA LIGHTNING XL .22
BSA LIGHTNING GRT .22
COMETA FENIX 400 .22
COMETA FUSION .22
RWS 54 .177
RWS48 .177
RWS 48 .22
RWS .48 .22
TURKISH TOMAHAWK .22
BENJAMIN DISCOVERY .22
CROSMAN 140 .22

Shoot them all when I have time, BSA LIGHTNING XL .22 is my favorite.
Im told that BSA builds the Gamo Urban. I like tinkering with my Discovery but this Urban is so much easier and more fun to shoot.

Back