Airguns! What are you shootin?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decision has been made to just get out of the air rifle stuff. Wife asked how loud the 22 was, so I sent one out the back door. She could live with it ;)

I decided on one of the Ruger 10/22's and a Vortex 4-12 scope, which they had in town at Dunham's. However........... some of these box stores here in MI, still require you to fill out the 4473 form, even with a CPL. And of course, they're all backed up 3 or 4 days at the Fed. level. Now its a waiting game. Rifle on sale was $199.99 and scope was $159. I have mounts.
If the darn thing is capable of hitting a 50¢ piece at 40yds, I'll be happy.

Ive always wanted a Diana side cock model. I think it was the model 48. The 460 Mag under lever looks sweet too. I used to shoot a Anschutz in high school but those were like a grand back then.

Running a Benjamin Trail NP XL(.22) and a Beeman R9 (.20). The Beeman is very accurate and has a sweet trigger. Bought
the Benjamin for the arm exercise (if you own one you know what I mean).

I got an Umarex Gauntlet .177 around the beginning of August along with a Hatsun pump.

Took it for a quick evening squirrel hunt and got the only 2 gray squirrels that I saw. I was shocked that they fell out stone dead like hit with a rimfire.

I collected 3 fox squirrels in the yard out to a laser verified 39 yards and they were also dropped immediately.

Final squirrel so far was taken between deer sightings while bow hunting last weekend.

Really fun, accurate air rifle!

I am planning to get an adjustable parallax scope soon for it. Right now it just wears an old Tasco I had laying around. It is a bit fuzzy above 3x at 25-30 yards since it is a fixed 100 yard parallax.

20201002_121445.jpg

My favorite is my Hatsan Elite 65SB. . . 25cal with a scope. Shoots quarters at 100 yards.

I use a Crosman G1 which came with a front focus ability scope in 3-9x40mm. It does a great job on those pesky critters that want to get into the roof. It's better to get them while they are the ground outside the kitchen window.;):dance:

Latest posts

Back