Airguns! What are you shootin?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a couple of 45 yr old Crosman 1200 22cal pumps that I rebuilt. They double as exercise devices due to the effort required to pump these old workhorses. They shoot really well for old pump guns but the iron sights limit my effectiveness. I tried scope mounts decades ago but the clamp-on design was not very reliable in my experience. Still fun at my age (60) to plink small targets off the back deck.
https://williamsgunsight.com/product/williams-fp-ag/

Is the Benjamin Marauder as good as the write ups I read about it 5-6 years ago?

The .25 caliber models got exellent reviews.

I was leaning towards buying one, but never did.

Ya know, I never took air guns seriously, having always had a rimfire rifle and a place (and usually a purpose) to shoot it since I was 10 or so. But I do have a $30 Daisy Grizzly with a $10 UTG 4x scope that I haven't moved from a basement shelf since we moved here. I have plenty of pellets and a rimfire bullet trap, and a 40' "range" in the basement if I prop one door open. And the best way I can think of to keep my 10 year old daughter from walking "downrange" unawares is to just put her behind the trigger in the first place. Maybe that'll scratch our itch a little until the LGC reopens its ranges. Thanks for the inspiration, everyone!

Thanks, but mine doesn't have a dovetail and I'm okay with it like it is. I've had my original one since I was 11 and it's good like it is for no more than I shoot it.

It's actually a 1400 not a 1200. One's a Crosman the other JC Higgins. My bad!
Many airgun receivers are stamped metal or aluminum and alot easier to D&T for a dovetail or picatinny mount. I have a dual rail that came with my ruger mkiii pic and dovetail. It could go on almost anything. If there was a need and a want. I love having options.

I've got one of those Daisy pumpers, shoots pellets pretty decent out to about 20 yards. I've used it to knock off a coupe of copperheads around the yard last year. Which reminds me that I should get er' dusted off because snake season is just about on us here now.

I've got one of those Daisy pumpers, shoots pellets pretty decent out to about 20 yards. I've used it to knock off a coupe of copperheads around the yard last year. Which reminds me that I should get er' dusted off because snake season is just about on us here now.
Dam brother !!! Suddenly i dont mind this northern snow at all !!!!!!!!!! Yikes !!!

Last edited:
I have a Benjamin Prowler .22 with a replacement trigger and a 3-9 mill dot scope. Shooting 14.6 H&N pellets. Shoots real good about 696 fps out the chrono. Took out a Collard Dove at 50 yards. The mill dots are great for long shots. Shooting it in the basement lately at some home made targets.

I've had a Hatsan AT44 QE for a couple of years now. It's a .22 caliber and with 18 grain H&N Baracuda hunter pellets it is deadly on big fox squirrels. PCP guns are great except for filling the tanks with a hand pump, that's a lot of huffing and puffing. I'm a big guy and use my weight to compress the handle on the pump and it still requires a couple of rest breaks to top it up. That might have been OK a few years ago but I'm an old fart. I finally broke down and got a Nomad II 4500 psi compressor. Much better! Now I'm thinking of getting a big bore to hunt larger stuff with.

Last edited:
The .177 Benjamin Prowler I have is very quiet. I live in town so that's a big deal. I can sit in my garage and shoot out the back door for a 20 yard range. At the deer hunting property I can shoot a squirrel and if there's another one around they will be on alert but do not run so I can get a double. The other day I had 4 squirrels, 4 hens and 4 toms within shooting range. I didn't want to scare the Toms because turkey starts Saturday for me. After an hour of waiting I decided to take a squirrel and see what happens. The squirrel was DRT and the turkeys were too love sick to care. So squirrel number 2 got it as well. Eventually I had to push the turkeys out so I could go home.

NatureNick. These guns are a pile of fun. They are real guns and kill small game with no problem. I chose a .177 because pellets are dirt cheap and in case the neighbors would see me shooting a gun I wouldn't get reported as shooting a .22 in town. The press would not mention it was a pellet gun.

I have a factory suppressed PCP and it's still kind of loud. It doesn't sound like a gunshot though.
My Gamo is factory suppressed and pretty quiet, but the Benji Discovery isn't and it is pretty loud. One neighbor, 2 doors up, asked if I was shootin my 10/22? So im ordering a suppressor and adapter for it.

I've had a Hatsan AT44 QE for a couple of years now. It's a .22 caliber and with 18 grain H&N Baracuda hunter pellets it is deadly on big fox squirrels. PCP guns are great except for filling the tanks with a hand pump, that's a lot of huffing and puffing. I'm a big guy and use my weight to compress the handle on the pump and it still requires a couple of rest breaks to top it up. That might have been OK a few years ago but I'm an old fart. I finally broke down and got a Nomad II 4500 psi compressor. Much better! Now I'm thinking of getting a big bore to hunt larger stuff with.
That hand pump is the best workout i get anymore.

I shoot a Brocock .22 cal PCP. It amazes me how powerful airguns have become. The fact that one can shoot a hog with one is just awesome. I have been invited to a couple of local farms to shoot vermin for the farmer and it has been nothing short of fun in the slower winter months in NE.
Dave

I have an Air Arms TX200 springer. Mine is wearing a 6-24x50 Vortex Diamondback Tac FFP.

Iey2x6N.jpg

I have had this rifle for 3 years. I have put about 7500 rounds through it. I use this rifle to kill Rock Chucks on farms close to town.

eZi7nRg.jpg

MpFdaVu.jpg

XGZpJPG.jpg

I shot this chuck last year. It was big, 13 pounds but what made this check special was it was number 600 for the year.

ZKp6P5j.jpg

My longest confirmed kill as on a baby chuck at 130 yards.

I have an Air Arms TX200 springer. Mine is wearing a 6-24x50 Vortex Diamondback Tac FFP.

Iey2x6N.jpg

I have had this rifle for 3 years. I have put about 7500 rounds through it. I use this rifle to kill Rock Chucks on farms close to town.

eZi7nRg.jpg

MpFdaVu.jpg

XGZpJPG.jpg

I shot this chuck last year. It was big, 13 pounds but what made this check special was it was number 600 for the year.

ZKp6P5j.jpg

My longest confirmed kill as on a baby chuck at 130 yards.
That TX200 is a classic. Its on my short list if one turns up when i have some spending $. Great job on those chucks!

Latest posts

Back