Alabama Gulf Coast!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello Modern Muzzleloaders,

I am a relatively new member with just a few posts, but I have learned much since I first signed on. Today I realized it was time to lend my support. Thanks for sharing the knowledge!

I got into muzzleloading when Alabama first opened a dedicated primitive weapon season in the early 2000s. I bought a CVA Optima Magnum and used T7 pellets and Powerbelts for years. In 2020 I traded for a TC Encore Pro Hunter with a converted 45-70 barrel and have been experimenting with the SML thing. This site has been crucial to figuring out the nuances and special concerns with SMLs. I also have a Wolf, which has become my go to because of it's light weight and QRBP. For the close quarters deer hunting I do in Alabama, it's ideal.

In November I will be hunting elk with a muzzleloader in Arizona the week after Thanksgiving. I am excited about it but I also know I need to perfect my ML system for elk hunting. I will be asking some questions that may be stupid, so consider that fair warning!

Thanks,

Andrew

Welcome, from North Carolina! And, as has been said, there are no stupid questions. If you don’t know, ask.😎 “Ask it shall be given. Seek and ye shall find. Knock, and the door shall be opened unto you.” Oh, I got a little “deep” there, didn’t I? 😜

Back