Alcohol Wipes

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
70% alcohol has 30% water added to it and takes longer to dissipate. I only use 91% and run a dry patch afterwards never had a problem

They would be good for whiling oil out of the bore before initial loading. Being 100% alchohol they may evaporate to fast when cleaning between shots. I don’t see it hurting too try them out then make a decision later if you want to use them in the field

Denatured alcohol available everywhere is menthanol
I carry menthaol pre--moistened patches in a little plastic jar in my possibles pouch . It was awful nice of your daughter to hook you up but menthalol is a stronger cleaner and works alot better .

I'm pretty sure Denatured alcohol is ethanol it may have have some methanol added but its mostly ethanol
N0pe ethanol is the alcohol you drink
Menthanol( denatured alcohol ) WILL KILL YOU if you drink it .!!! De --Natured means un--natural cuz its made from wood . Its not natural for wood to ferment .
Crappy denatured alcohol may have some ethanol in it but it should not !!!! You got it backwards , for the cheap stuff anyway ......

Last edited:
99% isopropyl, Been using it for at least a year now, Before this i used 91%, My between Shots swabbing solution use to consist of Blue Windex (For the Spray Bottle) and 91% Isopropyl Alcohol, Roughly 50/50 Mixed, I haven’t bothered to ad anymore Windex, When my bottle gets low i refill with this Iso HEET, So at this Point there would be very little, if any Windex left. This Stuff Dries FAST. I see these in the 4 Pack at Walmart on Sale Quite Regularly

1QFNTLal.jpg

Last edited:
99% isopropyl, Been using it for at least a year now, Before this i used 91%, My between Shots swabbing solution use to consist of Blue Windex (For the Spray Bottle) and 91% Isopropyl Alcohol, Roughly 50/50 Mixed, I haven’t bothered to ad anymore Windex, When my bottle gets low i refill with Iso HEET, So at this Point there would be very little Windex. This Stuff Dries FAST. I see these in the 4 Pack at Walmart on Sale Quite Regularly

1QFNTLal.jpg
They also make a menthanol formula thats much better stuff .

Good product, I mix iso-heat with hoppes 9, (50-50) to clean the BH209 rifles. Works great.

Do a search on the ingredients in denatured alcohol.Methanol can be added to make it denatured but it is not the primary ingredient ethanol is. Methanol is already toxic it does not need to be denatured.

Apparently you don't!
It comes from a chemical supply company in a 55 gal drum and deliveted to me along with msds paperwork . I order it i pay for it . Please argue with someone else . You were TOLD about the cheap stuff .

Last edited:
Denatured alcohol is ethanol with methanol added. ISO-HEET works great and is available all over the place. Its less toxic than methanol. Both are polar solvents so its not a huge deal.

Latest posts

Back