All Good things....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
All good things come to an end. Sadly, Bear Creek Ballistics will no longer be making this design of the 285gr All Copper Ball Point, my favorite hunting bullet. I just received the last 39 they had in stock.
BYogncO.jpg

I did receive some samples of the new Bear Creek 285gr machined all copper bullet, I can't wait to shoot them when the weather cooperates. I learned today, that Bear Creek can substitute the ballistics tip with a ball point if one wishes.
y8h6eBU.jpg

I also got some samples of a lighter weight 240gr machined all copper which is on the left.
UVsTklw.jpg

One thing I noticed was a very small protrusion on the base of the bullet which doesn't allow it to sit flat on the table, not a big deal but they do tend to spin around a bit when trying to organize them on the table.
52bBgXB.jpg

I'm going to shoot the 240gr out of the Apex muzzleloaders and the 285gr out of the RemBrux 700ML, hopefully they shoot as good as or better than the Ball Points.

All good things come to an end. Sadly, Bear Creek Ballistics will no longer be making this design of the 285gr All Copper Ball Point, my favorite hunting bullet. I just received the last 39 they had in stock.
BYogncO.jpg

I did receive some samples of the new Bear Creek 285gr machined all copper bullet, I can't wait to shoot them when the weather cooperates. I learned today, that Bear Creek can substitute the ballistics tip with a ball point if one wishes.
y8h6eBU.jpg

I also got some samples of a lighter weight 240gr machined all copper which is on the left.
UVsTklw.jpg

One thing I noticed was a very small protrusion on the base of the bullet which doesn't allow it to sit flat on the table, not a big deal but they do tend to spin around a bit when trying to organize them on the table.
52bBgXB.jpg

I'm going to shoot the 240gr out of the Apex muzzleloaders and the 285gr out of the RemBrux 700ML, hopefully they shoot as good as or better than the Ball Points.
Wow i hope they preform just as good on game if not better . Those ballpoints were beautiful !!! Is the bc supposed to be better ??

Last edited:
That new bullet is a mean looking bullet!!

BYogncO.jpg

y8h6eBU.jpg

UVsTklw.jpg

52bBgXB.jpg

Kinda looks like they added a crimp groove doesnt it ?? I bet its for dual usage not that a guy couldnt use them that way before . Its gotta be some better , the ogive looks longer and smoother in transition too . All that paper punching target type crap aside do they claim any wider effective impact velocity window on it ?? Youre pics of its game taking abilities of the old design were fabulous !!! I liked that bullet better than Any other bullet !!! I was so very glad you shared about it !!! That was an awesome find !!! I wish they would consider offering a bullet in 40 cal too . These Bear Creek Balistics are the Only Thing that has me hesitateing on a 40 sml rated barrel over a 45 . I will have 1 just a smoker tho along with a 50 & 54 for the 700 . Switch rig , youll see it here , lite too . Great posts from you always and im sure we can look forward to more !!! Definately looking forward to the range reports coming in the future .....

Last edited:
Slightly over .3 BC is what I was told. The old style was a winner in my book, it shot great and I never worried about it's performance on game. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to send some of the new ones to Ron to shoot. I don't have much info. on the new ones yet, I hope expansion specs are similar to the old Ball Point.

I did some sizing last night, the .45 cal Apex took them from package to bore, no sizing ( I sized one and it fell down the bore, ooppss). For the .45 RemBrux, I knurled them, then Full Formed them for a med. loading pressure fit.

Left is 240gr, rifling marks slightly engraved from pushing thru Apex bore. Right is 285gr knurled then FF sized for the RemBrux
r3YG65z.jpg

Last edited:
Any word on why they changed them??
No, I was looking at bullet making processes last night. The Ball Point, I believe, is made in a large press similar to a Barnes TEZ. The Ballistic Tip is turned on a lathe, I have no idea what is more cost effective, maybe someone will chime in on their thoughts?

No, I was looking at bullet making processes last night. The Ball Point, I believe, is made in a large press similar to a Barnes TEZ. The Ballistic Tip is turned on a lathe, I have no idea what is more cost effective, maybe someone will chime in on their thoughts?
Well id guess the lathe is otherwise they wouldnt have spent the money . Seem reasonable ?? Probably have plans to expand product line too . Thats a good thing !!!

Latest posts

Back